Data Projections has current openings to add experienced Audio-Visual Service & Maintenance Technicians to our teams in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, Texas.
This position will be responsible for maintenance and repair of AV systems to include consulting with clients/customers, performing diagnostic tests, and troubleshooting to restore proper system functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and/or installation/remove all AV equipment to include: audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems and all presentation systems.
- Troubleshoot and/or installation/remove cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, and RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables
- Service client systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance
- Interface with external/internal clients, face to face, verbally and electronically
- Troubleshoot/interface with manufacturers/vendors via phone and web support
- Sign out and secure inventory and non-inventory consumables
- Transport securely all client equipment to from client location/shop
- Restock and maintain inventory of van/vehicle equipment/consumables daily
- Lead/mentor service apprentice/technicians on service calls when assistance is needed
- Identify and solve issues that will impact the service call
- Provide effective communication by supplying daily updates to service coordinators
- Ensure that Service deliverables and milestones are met including:
- Follow up on remaining items not completed on previous service call
- Ensure/follow up on product that was shipped/returned to manufacturer for repair
- Complete punch list items
- Complete reporting to ensure service calls are processed/closed in a timely fashion
- Perform proper system level diagnostics, troubleshoot and service issue by phone and document/communicate accordingly
- Responsible for returning product to RETURNS that is DOA or requires a credit/re-bill
- Communicate with management on personnel performance issues
- Escalate service issues to management in timely fashion when critical success factors cannot be met
- Follow all safety guidelines of the Company and client requirements
- Other related duties as assigned
Education, Certification and/or Experience
Minimum high school diploma or GED - Degree preferred and 3+ years experience with completing and/or servicing technical installation/repair of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of control systems, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
CTS, CTS-I, NSCA or Cedia equivalent is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot in commercial and residential arena – emphasis on corporate, education, government and high end home environments
- Ability to think and work independently
- Impeccable wiring and termination skills as well as proper/safe installation techniques of all AV equipment
- Understand and Adhere to AV best practices
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a service calls by a specific due date
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in reading/understanding architecture, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings
- A teachable disposition and a willing attitude towards continuing education
- Flexibility to work outside the job description when the need arises
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in managing crews and the ability to work independently
- Analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Deductive reasoning skills
- PC and Network knowledge
- Self-starter with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Possible out of town projects requiring hotel/multiple overnight trips
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts
- Strong data entry and administrative/computer skills
- Microsoft office experience – Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must pass background check and pre-employment screenings
- Sitting, standing, stooping and bending for long or extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to climb ladder, scaffolding or transported by lifts
- Ability to drive/operate a vehicle
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
Data Projections offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with employer matching.
Data Projections proudly embraces diversity and continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.