Accounting Analyst will be a highly skilled and analytical member of the Accounting, Finance and Payroll team, providing review in all areas to support and ensure accuracy, timeliness, and relevance in all records and reports. Accounting Analyst will assist to ensure expedient month end close. Will often serve as a project lead. Will be a critical player in process automation. Shall communicate effectively and collaborate with co-workers of varying levels of experience and responsibility.
- Review details of General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability and relevance of transaction details, balances and allocations; Demonstrates keen awareness of GL Accounts, what they represent; Will assist with maintaining proper account balances and classifications in accordance with GAAP and Industry standards;
- Frequently review On Qs software database profiles and data outputs to ensure integrity in cost centers, Employee IDs, formats, and any relationships that impact the accuracy of data flow, recordings, and reconciliations;
- Review and monitor accounting records to ensure alignment with all Company and department policies and Best Practices; Alert CFO to any areas of deficiency; Periodically assess internal controls, report on areas of risk, assist with design and implementation of improved controls;
- Liaise with other Senior team members to support continuous improvement and create economies of scale;
- Assist and/or often lead comprehensive implementation of new or changing accounting policies and procedures as necessary to support Company and department initiatives; Assist and/or lead task and process automation initiatives; Assist with software conversion needs as they arise;
- Periodically review, analyze and report on Vendor Spend;
- Prepare and Post Month End Mark-to-Market accrual, and subsequently reconcile estimates to realized revenues;
- Monitor loan accounting transactions; Train as backup for loan accounting transaction processing and reconciliations;
- Prepare and review commission accruals from commission calculation program and ensure accuracy before providing to Payroll for processing;
- Audit Bi-Weekly Payroll file for accuracy, benefit deduction and payment accuracy; Prepare and review Bi-Weekly Payroll GL upload for accuracy;
- Conduct research as requested to support reporting integrity
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required, Masters Degree preferred, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Minimum three years experience in General Ledger Accounting and Month End Close
- Accounting software proficiency and experience with software implementation preferred;
- Mortgage industry experience preferred but not required;
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Attention to Detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong computer knowledge needed, especially Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Must be customer service and business relationship driven;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks properly and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbally and written. Able to maintain poise in stressful situations;
- See challenges as opportunities to improve both Self and the organization
- Self-Starter who continuously seeks ways to add value
- Embraces On Qs core values of innovation, collaboration, moving fast and simplifying
Licenses and Certifications
CPA or CPA Candidate Preferred but not required
(Special information including required travel, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
Typically 8 hours per day Monday through Friday.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Working conditions are typical of those encountered in a business office setting. Position requires ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in person, via email and telephone. Manual dexterity required to operate computers and other office equipment, as well as visual acuity to read, write