We're seeking an on-call Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to provide comprehensive psychiatric medical care to children and adolescences served in our Crisis Psychiatric Care (Subacute) program. You'll provide psychiatric evaluation of patients, prescribe and manage medications, and coordinate care with other staff and community members. Our psychiatrists work as part of an interdisciplinary team including Child and Family Therapists, Registered Nurses, and others to provide direct care and support patients experiencing an acute psychiatric episode. Learn more about our incredible subacute program here.
This position provides on-call coverage on weekends, staff vacations, and occasional holidays. You will receive pager pay in addition to an hourly rate for hours worked.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
Click here to learn more about the magic of Kerr!
- Provide direct patient care including face-to-face psychiatric evaluation, consultation, day-to-day treatment and discharge, follow up, and similar tasks.
- Provide appropriate and timely response to clinical requests for service and review them for medical necessity and clinical relevance.
- Provide consultation and clinical supervision to other members of the team.
- Participate in decisions and provide advice on case management, care coordination, therapeutic planning, making clinical diagnoses and similar therapeutic case management tasks.
- Work effectively with physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers, counselors and others to ensure appropriate quality of care is provided to all patients.
- Complete documentation and orders in a timely fashion in keeping with established guidelines.
- License to practice medicine in Oregon, with a least 2 years’ experience, which may include time in residency. Must hold full prescriptive authority in Oregon with DEA number.
- Be board certified or board eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Current CPR or BLS certification.
- Required to carry professional liability insurance.