Under general supervision of the Planning Manager, this position will serve as the liaison between the Warehouse, the Production floor, and the Planning Departments. The major responsibilities include working closely with the warehouse personnel in receiving correct quantities of materials needed for upcoming jobs; staging the materials in a timely manner according to the schedule; and communicating with Planners to ensure materials are ready when needed and any issues are acknowledged and addressed.
This is a non-bumpable position, selection based on most senior employee meeting the majority of qualifications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews daily schedule to ensure the materials are ready to start Production operations.
• Receives materials issued from the warehouse. Verifies the materials are correct and the quantity of materials is accurate.
• Stages the materials, including floor stock and subassemblies in process, in alignment with the manufacturing schedule in the appropriate area.
• Verifies materials, and their counts, prior to returning to the warehouse; properly tags and stages materials for the warehouse.
• Assigns approved material requests to the appropriate Warehouse Personnel.
• Expedites extra materials required to complete a job due to scrap or quality issues and ensures paperwork is processed correctly.
• Tracks and manages work orders from the time materials are requested, until the requested materials are turned over to the Production floor.
• Comprehends and fully understands the features of a work order.
• Communicates issues with Production Supervisors, Planners, and Warehouse to ensure smooth production, including material shortages, overages, damages, delays, quality, etc.
• Maintains data collected for managerial reposts such as Kanban tracking, Planograms, Materials logs, etc.
• Has a strong understanding of the physical layout of the Warehouse and the Production floor.
• Understands the importance of a correct Unit of Measure, and how to quantify the part by the defined Unit of Measure.
• Assists in cycle counting floor stock, staging bins and annual physical inventory.
• Performs other duties as assigned that will enhance the availability of materials for the Production floor to maintain a smooth and efficient Production Plan.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS, AND WORK AIDS
Computers, pallet jacks, scan guns, printers, measuring instruments (rulers and measuring tapes), scales, counters, gauges, walkie talkie/radio.
Software knowledge: Microsoft Suite, Syspro, LYNQ, TransLution, Eazy Query, Sharepoint and Teams