Great opportunity for qualified Long-Haul Drivers at our Alton, IL facility. Our long-haul drivers are a vital part of our overall success as we rely on them to pick up, transport and deliver product to and from branches and vendors.
Schedule remains the same weekly, from Illinois to Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Minnesota. Candidates must be willing to be out on average 4 days per week with 2 nights away. Drivers are off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Why you should apply:
Competitive benefit package (Group Health & Dental and Vision Insurance)
401(k) Plan with Company Match
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Substantial paid holiday schedule
Immediate time-off earnings
Meal allowance for travel
Pay range: $0.56/mile
- Transports via semi-tractor/trailer and assists with loading and unloading materials and products at branch and vendor locations.
- Maintains a daily logbook to record trips and other data as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Inspects tractor and trailer daily and reports any problems to supervisor.
- Schedules maintenance and preventative maintenance as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment and follows all safety procedures and regulations.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Truck and trailer, and forklift
Average miles per week is 2,470 with hourly wages for Accessorial Pay. This includes a working and waiting wage for loading and unloading trucks, operating a forklift and other duties for the position.