Position: Associate Director of Financial Aid
Department: Enrollment Management
Reports to: Financial Aid Director
FSLA Classification: Salary Exempt
The Associate Financial Aid Director is responsible for receiving, evaluating, and verifying student data to award financial aid packages based on student eligibility in accordance with local, state, and federal policies and procedures. A person in this position is responsible for counseling students and their families on matters of financial need, and providing necessary information regarding student financial assistance programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervision and training of personnel.
- Administrative responsibility of special programs.
- Evaluation and awarding of student financial aid.
- Advising and counseling students and parents, and direct oversight for SAP.
- Receive, evaluate, and verify student data for determining the student’s financial aid eligibility in a timely, accurate manner.
- Determine eligibility of applicants for specific aid programs, prepare award packages.
- Identify additional financial resources available to students based on data available in students records and within college information system and adjust award packages as required.
- Comply with federal, state and college policies and procedures and keep current of changing regulations applicable to each program.
- Review student requests for additional borrowing beyond their basic financial assistance package, use professional judgment standards to make recommendation to the Director.
- Collect data needed for preparation of internal, state, and federal reports.
- Perform other appropriate job-related duties as assigned with specific emphasis on overseeing federal work study.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals or groups.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Ability to perform work in a confidential, ethical, and professional manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work under time constraints with interruptions.
- Requires some walking and ability to climb stairs, sitting long periods of time, ability to lift to 25lbs. 1% of the time.
- Some night and weekends may be needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.