Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve healthcare quality for underserved populations, Rendr is a primary care-driven multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 100,000 patients through its 40 locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Location: Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Isalnd
Job position: Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants are an integral part of delivering kind and compassionate care and optimizing patient experience. They direct patient flow in and out of exam rooms and support providers by assisting in medical procedures and examinations.
- Work alongside providers in the exam room to provide care
- Measure and record vital signs, height, and weight for patients
- Obtain chief complaint and gather medical history information from patient prior to being seen by provider
- Perform basic clinical duties and procedures, including, but not limited to, blood draws, vital signs, preparing vaccines, recording EKGs, glucose monitoring, collecting urine samples, influenza testing, pregnancy tests, vision/hearing tests, etc.
- Prepare exam room for patient visit ensuring that medical supplies are well stocked
- Clean and sterilize instruments
- Perform duties to help improve quality measures which may include identifying care gaps, calling patients for follow up, documentation, etc.
- Help maintain clinic compliance & protocols, such as freezer setting, biohazards, sharps, cleaning, infection protocols, etc.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese required
- Phlebotomist certification required
- High level of professionalism and strong sense of responsibility
- Good communication skills: kind, compassionate, patient interaction with patients and team
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Prior experience working in medical/clinical setting preferred
- Familiarity with MDLand is a plus