Reporting to the Chef/Sous Chef, the General Utility performs skilled and routine maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the facility. The General Utility is responsible for cleaning all dishes, glasses, utensils, pots and pans and related food preparation/serving items and equipment, as well as the service and dining areas. The Utility Staff respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Washes dishes, utensils, trays, and cooking supplies using proper sanitation procedures.
- Pulls trash from trash receptacles. Replaces trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
- Cleans floor area of any spillage of water, detergent and/or food stuffs per safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Loads and unloads inventory from trucks. Stocks storeroom.
- Maintains the kitchen, serving, and dining areas in clean and orderly condition at all times by sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, wiping counters and equipment and organizing shelves in order to maintain a sanitary workstation and to meet mandated health compliance requirements.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Light food preparation work such as washing and peeling fruits & vegetables.
- Transporting food carts to and from designated serving areas.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 30 lbs. regularly, 40 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently works in a hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.