The Content Strategist position resides within the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) marketing team and will be responsible for strategic planning, management, execution, and analysis of content targeting our 4 key audiences. As a core member of the marketing team, you will work closely with the Digital Content Manager, Marketing Manager and Design Manager to spearhead multi-channel campaigns across multiple channels. Additionally in this role, you will work closely with the Public Affairs team (communications) and collaborate with departments across the organization which includes Economic Development, Investor Relations, and Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
We are a team of highly collaborative marketers, strategists, communicators, and creatives who live for words and visuals that are grounded in data and insights. We’re excited to meet the next person to join our smart, passionate, and thoughtful team dedicated to helping unleash Atlanta’s ambition.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Leading content strategy and implementation across MAC’s social, digital and other channels in collaboration with the SVP, Marketing and VP, Strategic Communications. Content types include photos, visual graphics, short form videos and written editorial posts.
- Developing and managing multi-channel marketing campaigns, social media campaigns and digital advertising campaigns.
- Creating monthly editorial calendars and managing master content calendar across all marketing channels.
- Collaborating across the marketing team to create and execute effective content ideas and editorial pieces that maximize MAC’s regional storytelling efforts.
- Developing key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurement plans to evaluate marketing campaigns and overall content effectiveness across all marketing channels.
- Working closely with Digital Content Manager to extract and analyze social media metrics, engagement data and campaign KPIs to drive continuous improvement.
- Monitoring, reporting, and presenting on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, and earned media)
- Working closely with the Public Affairs communications team and department leadership to manage crisis issues presented on social channels.
- Staying in compliance with MAC’s corporate and departmental policies/procedures and applicable platform regulations.
- Working with MAC’s partners and key stakeholders to execute collaborative partnership initiatives.
- Researching social media and content trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to MAC’s core marketing activities.
- Writing and developing content.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in marketing, strategic communications, content management or advertising agency related experience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management, organization, and time-management skills, with a capacity to meet deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to collaboratively work within teams and available resources to deliver on requests.
- Strong writing capability and communication skills.
- Ability to offer knowledgeable insights and perspective in working with a diverse, cross-section of investors, partners, and stakeholders.
We are seeking a strategic, proactive, and thoughtful self-starter with a passion for Atlanta people, culture and communities – someone who is a creative problem solver fueled by collaboration and transforming conceptual thinking into executable actions. You are also passionate about using data and insights to drive impactful content across brand-owned channels.
- You have a passion for storytelling and content.
- You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, self-starter who welcomes challenges.
- You’re able to interpret directional ideas from others and respond with compelling and insightful concepts.
- You adopt a client-service mentality and approach to work.
- You not only have ideas, you’re also good at offering them – to your co-workers, senior leadership team and partners.
- You can stand your ground when you feel something is off brand or not aligned with strategy.