Thinkery is where Austin’s children and their families come to enjoy play-based, inquiry-rich, hands-on learning experiences. We believe that innovative, play-based, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) learning experiences are a powerful way for children to develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and curiosity about the world around them. Our exhibits and programs encourage children—alongside their caregivers—to solve creative challenges, explore a variety of materials, and to develop new ways to complete unfamiliar projects. Through these activities, children gain the tools and confidence to develop and grow into enthusiastic, creative, lifelong STEAM learners and thinkers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Database Manager is a super-user of Thinkery’s Tessitura Software. They leverage their in-depth knowledge of the software’s capabilities, their understanding of the museum’s needs, and their skills as a collaborator to lead the organization’s use of its primary database.
- Analyzes organizational database processes and procedures and prepares recommendations for improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring business needs have been paired with an effective solution.
- Provides consistent oversight of data quality, structure, and configuration of the database and monitors and communicates with users to ensure SOPs and business processes are followed.
- Supports a group of employees who are primarily responsible for day-to-day operations involving the Tessitura Software. This includes all Ticketing setup and administration, Fundraising setup and administration, Payment setup and administration, and other tasks involving the database. The Database Manager actively works to troubleshoot and collaborate with others to drive work to completion.
- Helps design and implement the use of Tessitura reports and Analytics to track key performance metrics, improve workflows involving data extraction, and make Museum data more visible within the organization.
- Acts as a support and resource to Museum staff regarding Tessitura, provides training where needed, and is the first line of customer service before requests are escalated to Tessitura Network Customer Care.
- Serves as the primary point of contact between the Museum, Tessitura Network, and Museum’s outsourced IT team. Clearly communicates statuses and issues to Museum leadership, including planned maintenance, system upgrades, and relevant Tessitura ‘road map’ updates.
- Serves as Project Manager for new Tessitura integrations across teams, including project design, training, implementation, technical assistance, and evaluation.
- Maintains and manages database System Tables, security permissions of database users, and integrations with 3rd party systems and programs. Understands and can assist IT team with server configuration.
- Participates as an active member in the Tessitura Network online community and acts as the primary point of contact for Museum feedback on issues and/or system upgrade requests.
- As a key member of the Technology Task Force, advises leadership on technology strategy and opportunities to use technology to meet the Museum’s organizational objectives.
- Supports a culture of cross organization communication, collaboration, and information sharing.
- Represents Thinkery’s key values of inclusion, excellence, respect, innovation, playfulness, cooperation, and creativity.
- Supports Thinkery’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in managing projects that have multiple team members and have cross-organization implications.
- Experience working in data analysis and ability to code in SQL.
- Exceptional MS Excel aptitude.
- Experience working with ticketing systems is a plus.
- Experience working in museums or non-profit organizations is highly preferred.
- This position is largely Monday through Friday 9-5 pm with flexibility for personal preferences. Periodic duties outside of/in excess of regular work week schedule, particularly during seasonal high-volume times.
- Periodic support and programmatic duties in other museum areas.
- Professional attendance at museum functions and special events.
- Assist in engaging and sustaining volunteers.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3 + years relevant and progressively responsible experience in database/CRM management
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; Associates or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is fairly inactive. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Observe and react to the needs of guests, staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Move throughout the museum.
- Manipulate and move office materials weighing up to 25 pounds, including those that may be low to the ground or above eye level.
- Work with solutions to clean and disinfect surfaces a variety of surfaces of various sizes and heights.
- Communicate and exchange accurate information with guests, staff, volunteers, and community partners in a variety of formats including in-person, electronically, and over the phone.
- Detect and respond to safety hazards.
- Operate a computer efficiently and accurately.
Thinkery offers competitive and affordable benefits for our full-time staff including options for 100% employer sponsored medical coverage. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical insurance options including HSA, PPO Gold, and PPO Platinum plans
- Affordable dental and vision
- 100% employer sponsored EAP, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation, 4 weeks of paid sick leave, and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Pet and child friendly offices.
This job description should not be construed to imply these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills, and perform other related work as required. This job description may be updated as needed.
The Thinkery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. All candidates offered a position will be required to submit to a background and reference checks.