Availability: Horizons positions available for Block 1: May 28th – June 23rd, Block 2: July 3rd – July 21st, Block 3: May 28th – July 21st based out of Snowbird, UT.
Application Due: February 29, 2020
The summer leadership intern is a full-time temporary internship that works within the Educational Operations department supporting the summer educational programs of the Sigma Chi Leadership Internship. Although the internship is unpaid; travel, lodging, and a food stipend will be provided. Additionally, Block 1 Horizon interns will be awarded a $1200 scholarship, Block 2 Horizon interns will be awarded an $800 scholarship, and Block 3 interns will be awarded a $2000 scholarship from the Sigma Chi Foundation upon completion of the program. The primary responsibility of the Sigma Chi Leadership Institute is the ongoing development and implementation of Sigma Chi’s educational and leadership curriculum, and the primary responsibility of the summer intern is to support the preparation and execution of Horizons. The summer intern will have the unique opportunity to assist in running large leadership conferences while gaining many professional skills and experiences. This position requires well-developed communication skills, organization, time management and the ability to work quickly in a new environment.
Leadership Program Duties
- Print and combine program documents into packets;
- Provide first level customer support for attendees of summer conferences via phone and email;
- Organize and compile supplies for summer programs;
- Obtain working knowledge on Sigma Chi Leadership programs.
- Attend Horizons as onsite staff support;
- Help set up and take down the onsite office, vendor booths, activities, etc.;
- Answer questions and assist in providing direction to attendees;
- Deliver supplies and materials as needed;
- Work on emergency assignments that arise.
General Headquarters Duties
- Obtain a working knowledge of all affiliated Sigma Chi companies’ operations, staff, and functions;
- Provide customer support across all affiliated Sigma Chi companies as needed;
- Provide assistance on special filing, data compilation, and organization projects as assigned.