Position: Marketing & Graphic Design Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Downtown Charleston, SC
Hours: Full-Time, Salary, Exempt.. Some weekends and evenings may be required
Pay Range: $45,000-$50,000
The Charleston Gaillard Center is entering a new phase of focus, with the development of local and national partnerships and the producing and commissioning of work, taking a greater role alongside our continued commitment to presenting high quality touring artists.
A leader in the performing arts in the Southeast, The Charleston Gaillard Center commissions, supports, and presents ambitious, multidisciplinary cultural programming and provides access to the best local, national, and global artists and companies on its stage. Deeply rooted in the community, the Gaillard Center is committed to elevating local and regional voices and partnering with Charleston institutions to reflect the citys diversity, both on stage and off. Through programming on its public campus and extensive arts education initiatives, the Gaillard Center serves as a platform to participate in community building and essential dialogue.
Located in the heart of the Inspiration Corridor, Charlestons cultural hub, the Gaillard Center was established as a non-profit in 2015. Its campus includes the world-class 1,818-seat Martha and John M. Rivers Performance Hall, a 16,000 square-foot Grand Ballroom, and a park space that is increasingly being activated for artistic presentations.
The Charleston Gaillard Management Corporation (GMC), doing business as The Charleston Gaillard Center, is a non-profit 501c3 organization responsible for managing the facility. For more information about the Charleston Gaillard Center, please visit https://www.gaillardcenter.org.
The Marketing & Graphic Design Coordinator supports the day-to-day marketing activities of the Charleston Gaillard Center, including the creation of media materials and branding representing the company, while also managing and analyzing strategies for email communications.
- Responsible for maintaining Charleston Gaillard Center brand standards.
- Responsible for coordinating and designing marketing and sales initiatives including professional-quality advertisements, illustrations, website, and video for the Gaillard Center, shows within the performance hall, venue rentals and partner organizations as needed.
- Design printed and/or digital program books for shows within the performance hall.
- Design and coordinate production of one-sheet documents, lesson plans, and worksheets.
- Coordinate design projects with freelance designers, photographers, and videographers.
- Coordinate and design public email notifications.
- Build segmented customer lists for emails within the ticketing system.
- Maintain/manage customer accounts and databases related to Marketing programs within the ticketing system.
- Research and execute email communication strategies.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Perform other marketing duties as needed.
- Respond to general marketing inquiries.
- Maintain marketing records and invoices.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Design, Communication, or Public Relations, or in place of a degree, 3+ years of relevant experience.
- A strong demonstrated working background in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions
- Experience working in Adobe Premiere and Email Marketing and Automation Software
- Experience in non-profit or performing arts
- Some physical demands with respect to lifting; i. e. will routinely carry the tools of the trade to include a laptop computer, digital camera, signs and banners, boxes, setting up displays and staying on your feet for extended hours.
The Gaillard Center provides a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Fully paid medical insurance, at the employee level
- Optional vision, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off, accrued annually
- 6 weeks of paid family and medical leave
- 403(b) with up to a 4% company match
- Free and/or discounted tickets to performances
- Employer paid parking
The Charleston Gaillard Center is an equal opportunity employer. Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Gaillard is critical to our mission. To be a leading performing arts center in the Southeast, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging. For us, equity means that our staff members, our patrons, and our clients can experience the transformative power of the arts, no matter their starting place.