Are you an influential liaison for the financial strategy of your department? Do you have a passion for being a collaborative and decisive leader? Are you a numbers guru with strong communication skills? Asmodee North America is looking for a confident and detail- oriented Distribution Finance Director to join the team. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about the role and how to APPLY!
Summary of Position: The Distribution Finance Director is the finance leader in charge of providing financial, analytical and strategic support to the Distribution Business Unit of Asmodee North America. This role will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activity of the Business Unit. This will include responsibility for financial planning and analysis, forecasting, strategic planning, KPI definition and management, and will be in charge of providing the analytical horsepower to enable operational and strategic decision making. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Distribution BU leadership team providing financial support and have a background in data-driven analytics to proactively guide business unit to achieve strategic and financial objectives.
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer of Asmodee North America, with a strong dotted line reporting to the Head of Distribution. The Distribution Finance Director will manage a team initially consisting of a Financial Analyst and the AR team.
- Partner with leadership team to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing action on risk assessment, pricing, new business opportunities, customer profitability, and cost control.
- Responsible for all accounting and reporting, financial planning & analysis, and risk/opportunity identification related to the business unit. Ensure reliable KPIs are devised and delivered in time to the right audience.
- Provide support to Distribution BU key functions by providing decision-driven analysis and dashboards (Sales, Logistics, marketing, )
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends, working with department heads to understand and improve processes.
- Preparation of annual budget and forecast process with linkage to key performance metrics to highlight operating issues/challenges or profit opportunities to drive performance.
- Advise from the financial perspective on any distribution related contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Manage AR credit department related to B2B sales channel.
- Contribute to the reinforcement of internal control framework in Distribution.
- Actively participate to key projects such as ERP and Reporting tools.
- Manage and develop a team of talented finance professionals
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals
- High level of familiarity with GAAP, Financial Statements, & Month End Close process
- Comfort in learning new ERP processes.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to move seamlessly from big system thinking to operational, hands on execution
- Strategic thinking
- Proven ethical conduct
- Problem solving/analysis