**Receive $2,000 Sign on Bonus after 6 months!**
Village Travel is a family-owned company that operates over 150 charter motorcoaches and plans unique travel packages that are marketed to more than 27,000 households. In addition, Village offers traditional travel agency services, a fleet of Entertainer Coaches, and operates daily Beeline service. Most recently, we added Village Transport offering a fleet of tractor/trailers. The Company began in 1980 and has since expanded its regional footprint and continues to grow into one of the largest full-service charter and tour operations in the Midwest with offices in Wichita (KS), Salina (KS), Oklahoma City (OK), Tulsa (OK), Fort Smith (AR), Springdale (AR) and Springfield (MO).
We are in search of a Full Time Diesel Mechanic to maintain and repair our large fleet of motorcoaches in Salina, KS.
- Proficient in advanced diagnostics and repair of HVAC, air brakes, body, electrical, and engine diagnostics and repairs with minimal errors.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance software to complete all paperwork in a timely and thorough manner.
- Makes sounds decisions, prioritizes workflow, and pays attention to details with minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of dispatch software required.
- Participates in a rotating on-call schedule and demonstrates sound judgment when problems arise.
- Assists in cleaning coaches and supervising bus detailers as necessary.
- Demonstrates safe and sensible work practices while maintaining a clean and organized work environment throughout the shop.
- Provides and maintains all necessary tools and uses all company-provided tools in a responsible manner.
- Performs facility maintenance as required.
- Consistently strives to learn new skills and solve problems.
- Willingly assists other mechanics at other locations, sometimes requiring travel to other company locations.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our team is the heart of our business, which is why we offer an excellent compensation and benefit package that includes:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401k Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off
In addition, we provide performance-based pay, bonus potential, professional growth opportunities and pride ourselves on team building events and recognition.