QA Engineer II
At AOEU, the role of the QA Engineer II is an integral member of the software development team to help deliver the highest quality art education resources to our users. By joining us, you play a critical role in shaping the experience of art teachers around the world. You will ensure that our digital platform maintains a reputation of reliability and excellence.
Structured as a remote full-time salaried position. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
We have been a 100% remote company since the beginning! This position is eligible to remote work from the following locations: USA.
Who We Are
AOEU is an art teacher’s partner for life. We provide art-specific professional development, engaging curriculum, relevant resources, and master’s degree programs.
MISSION: We grow amazing teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
Quality Assurance & Testing
- Review product requirements to design and execute detailed test cases
- Ensure software quality using modern tools and automation as a part of the software release schedule
- Track and report on quality assurance metrics such as performance/web vitals
- Collaborate closely with the product and development teams to report, prioritize, and fix software bugs and regressions
Continuous Improvement & Collaboration
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry best practices and advancements in QA methodologies.
- Identify efficiencies and process changes to help fuse quality concerns into the SDLC
- Ensure that all automated tests are executed regularly and passing, giving feedback to the development team about potential improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in software QA methodologies and best practices.
- Real-world experience writing automated tests with QA tools such as Cypress, Jest, or other industry-standard platforms
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes, including GitHub Actions
- Understanding of software development and testing lifecycles
- Capability to design, write, and execute detailed and effective test cases
- Ability to collaborate closely with product, design, and development teams, ensuring alignment and cohesion across all stages of the project
- Strong communication skills
While we have identified specific requirements for this role, we acknowledge that not all candidates may possess every requirement listed. We encourage applicants who believe they possess the necessary skills and experience to apply for consideration, regardless of whether they meet each requirement to the fullest extent.
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time. The Art of Education University is an online university therefore 95-98% of one’s time will be on or using technology.
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy.
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision plans with 100% premium coverage for individual employees, employer HSA contribution, and no waiting period (effective 1st month after hire)
- 401K plan with 4% match, no waiting or vesting period
- Self-managed PTO (15+ days/year encouraged)
- All federal holidays off + an end-of-year holiday shutdown
- Monthly mobile, internet, or coworking space stipend
- $600 home office equipment stipend
- Fully remote, flexible schedule
- 8+ weeks paid parental leave
- Lifelong Learning Fund for professional development and educational reimbursement
- Free product access (1 FLEX/PRO license to use or gift, plus free AOEU grad courses)
For additional information surrounding our offered benefits, visit our website.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and market. We encourage you to discuss your compensation requirements early in the process.
For most roles, the process is as follows:
- Step 1: ~30-minute phone interview with hiring manager
- Step 2: Round 2 Virtual Onsite Interview
- Given that AOEU is 100% remote, this step is intended to see how you might work through some of the daily tasks, responsibilities, and challenges that could arise in this role. You will meet with members of the engineering team to discuss technical scenarios to help us learn about your approach and process. The intention is for you to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action. Your answers will not be used for any other purposes beyond evaluating your candidacy.
- Step 3: Follow-up interview
- For certain managerial or high-collaboration roles, you may be asked to participate in an additional Zoom interview.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Thank you for your interest in opportunities with AOEU.
NOTE: We encourage you to apply with a personal email and to take the appropriate steps to allow list both The Art of Education University (@theartofeducation.edu) and Paycom (@paycomonline.com) domains so that you receive all emails related to your application process. We also encourage you to check your spam folder as emails from The Art of Education and/or Paycom can be marked as spam.
Applicants residing in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, New York, Jersey City, or Washington may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation details. Do not send letters of interest to this inbox as they will be disregarded.
The Art of Education University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. The Art of Education University will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, national origin/ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Art of Education University is a participant of E-Verify.