- High school Diploma or GED.
- Bilingual: English & Spanish a plus.
- Before the start of the shift verify that you have the following: Steel toe boots, gloves, back-support (optional). If you are missing any of these items or they are damaged please report this to the dispatcher or the supervisor on duty.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS:
- Requires ability to rapidly and constantly lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to repeatedly load and unload large boxes and furniture throughout shift.
- Perform warm-up stretches before starting your regular duties on a daily basis.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50lbs without assistance and push and pull up to 100lbs.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical; hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week.
Full-time employees are offered medical, dental, vision and 403b options. The Society covers 90% of the cost for medical, vision, and HMO dental benefits
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.