- Cook and distribute all meals to the classrooms according to the classroom schedules.
- Meals consist of Breakfast, lunch and one afternoon snack: afternoon Lunch and Snack for the After School Program except during holiday camp.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen. Place food/ supply orders for the program in compliance with CACFP.
- Review, date, and sign all delivered food and store in pantry/ refrigerators.
- Maintain pantry.
- Work collaboratively with our consultants to maintain the menu, and food needs for the participants.
- Communicate with the teachers and program staff.
- Other tasks as needed.
Food Handler’s License a MUST!
Knowledge of CACFP a plus (will provide training if needed).
Proficiency with the use of tech items, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to assist the head cook to maintain Food Production Reports and track meals.
Ability to follow the guidance for food substitutions for children with allergies or food preferences in conjunction with our consultants.
Ability to follow the prepared menus.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Working in the Daycare Center Kitchen.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time while cooking.
Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
This position is classified as a union position under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Day Care Council of New York ("DCCNY") and Local 205, Community and Social Agency Employees Union, District Council 1707, A.F.S.C.M.E., A.F.L.C.I.O. ("Local 205"),. The union represents employees in the bargaining unit (i.e. Goddard employees in Local 205 union positions). The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a written contract that defines the agreed-upon terms and conditions of employment, including wage increases, paid time off and other benefits, and the grievance process. All employees in Local 205 union positions at Goddard Riverside are subject to and covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Membership in the union includes the collection of union dues on a monthly basis, to be deducted from the member’s Goddard paycheck at a rate to be determined by the union.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.