The Georgia Military College Global Online College is accepting applications for Online Adjunct Instructors to teach Quality Management and Operations courses at the baccalaureate level. Applicants must hold a Doctoral or Masters degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline advertised. Applicants must have quality management, operations management, and/or purchasing graduate coursework in order to teach those courses.
COURSES WE ARE HIRING INSTRUCTORS TO TEACH IN THE GMC GLOBAL ONLINE COLLEGE:
BSM 340 Operations Management
This course describes the scope of operations management and how it pertains to the whole organization.
Qualitative principles and techniques to effective planning and utilization of resources in the operations of
manufacturing, research and services are emphasized. Topics include operations strategy, change
management, product design, process selection, and planning and controlling the supply chain.
BSM 420 Quality Management Systems
This course will examine the continuous quality management and improvement philosophy. Topics will include quality assessment, lean manufacturing, six-sigma, quality processes, techniques for charting attribute and variable data, statistical process control, and total quality management.
MGT 240 Introduction to Materials Management
This course is an introduction to the basic concepts of materials management. The course will include concepts applied in, purchasing, inventory management, demand management, master scheduling, MRP, capacity management, production planning and control, purchasing, logistics, continuous improvement, and TQM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Adjunct instructors will be required to teach from established curriculum all while adding personal expertise and real-world experience to the course. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to teach an online course in the Georgia Military College Global Online College.
- Utilize the Moodle learning management system to facilitate online learning
- Set up a course using defined checklist and how-to documents
- Hold virtual sessions using Zoom or Collaborate at least 4 times a term
- Develop strategies to teach the approved course content in an online environment
- Model exceptional verbal and written communication
- Facilitate topics in a logical progression and pace the delivery to meet the needs of the course requirements
- Establish positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the online classroom
- Facilitate active in-class discussions 3 days of the week with 1 being on the weekend and display enthusiasm for the students, the subject matter, and the learning process
- Incorporate higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to real-world assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines
- Participate in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
APPLICATION INFORMATION (Include the following items with your submission):
- Letter of interest which details the candidate's specific skills and qualifications related to the position (required)
- Updated resume or CV (required)
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (required)
- Completed employment application (required)
- Statement of teaching philosophy (optional)
- If hired, applicants will be required to complete an online faculty orientation training course which covers online teaching using Moodle and the GMC Global Online College policies and procedures.
- If hired, applicants will be required to setup a sandbox course before setting up an official course.
- If hired, applicants will be required to complete professional development courses multiple times a year.
- The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled.
- Contracts are for 8 weeks; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance.
“Due to the business restrictions in place for the state of California, New York, and New Jersey; GMC is unable to accept applications from candidates who reside and work in these states.”
Applicants must live and be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Georgia Military College employees are required to enroll in direct deposit as the institution does not issue paychecks. New hires will be required to upload account information for direct deposit within the onboarding process prior to their start date. Employees have the ability to add, remove, and change account information within their Paycom Employee Self-Service portal.
*Criminal background check must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.