SERVICES ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in empowering people who are blind or low vision by providing accessible and innovative products, materials, and services for lifelong success, is seeking a Services Engagement Manager at our Louisville, KY headquarters. We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented communications and marketing professional to build and maintain awareness of our products/services, our organization and its brand, and our mission in the field of blindness and low vision. Our Services Engagement Manager will work closely with our multiple services teams – education, awareness, and public affairs, to promote these growing service lines of APH. This position is focused on understanding our customers’ unique needs and will drive demand for our services through positioning, messaging, and branding.
Our ideal candidate will have experience developing information and awareness campaigns, managing multiple projects, and collaborating with or leading cross-functional teams. This person will also have strong writing skills and the ability to develop engaging content that will build and maintain a positive image for our organization. APH’s Service Engagement Manager will have the ability, motivation, and responsibility to represent our brand in a way that connects customers with the products and services they need to improve their lives and help positively shape the world’s attitude about the importance of learning equity.
The Services Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Communications and Consumer Engagement.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Objectives of this Role
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop communication and engagement plans for new and existing APH services and programs, including:
- Educational Programs – Regional Outreach, HIVE Learning Management System, NIMAC, Louis Database.
- Awareness – APH ConnectCenter, Prison Braille Network, Braille Tales.
- Public Affairs – Government and Community Relations, The Dot Experience, InSights Art Competition, Development, APH internal communications.
- Conduct market research, analyze data, and identify target audiences to inform future strategies, with the goal of increasing brand awareness within each service line.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the process of building campaigns to grow the audience for and understanding of APH services through targeted email campaigns, blogs, social media campaigns, webinars, podcasts, conference participation and more.
- Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all internal and external communication from APH.
- Meet on a regular basis with representatives from our Education, Awareness, and Public Affairs teams to understand their goals and objectives to build a compelling communications and marketing plan to raise awareness and support the achievement of those goals/objectives.
- Provide creative direction for all public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Work with teams to design and implement multi-channel campaigns, ensuring a successful campaign launch through the alignment of communications and messaging across all mediums.
- Work with Digital Engagement team to create social media posts and campaigns.
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current communication and marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis and optimize accordingly.
- Provide guidance to our public relations and social media team on key activations within the service lines to drive engagement and awareness.
- Participate in planning and strategy for annual industry conferences and exhibits.
- Occasional travel required.