***Please note: To be eligible for this role, you must be available for 25 30 hours per week (Monday Friday) between the hours of 8 AM 5 PM with some event support before or after normal business hours.***
Overview: The Metro Atlanta Chamber Economic Development Department is dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and expanding quality jobs to the 29-county metro-Atlanta region. This objective, in part, helps to grow the region’s global connectivity around the world and helps local companies find opportunities abroad. Targeted ecosystems include Life Sciences/Health IT, CleanTech, Supply Chain/Advanced Manufacturing, Creative Industries, and technology and their subclusters.
Job Description: The Economic Development Intern will work with the Economic Development Operations team on the execution of department-wide tasks including, but not limited to, industry reports and research projects, support for the Ecosystem Expansion and Global Commerce teams, confidential information management for Project Management, on-site support for meetings and events, and other programmatic and administrative duties. This internship will start in January 2024 with a hybrid work model dependent on the team’s and individuals’ schedules. Commitment to 25-30 hours a week is a must and a commitment to three days per week in the office is preferred, between the hours of 8 AM 5 PM. This is a paid internship.
Primary projects: Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the intern will perform the following duties:
- Assist in special interest projects and initiatives for the Ecosystem Expansion Directors, scope may involve Life Sciences, CleanTech, Supply Chain, Technology, Creative Industries, etc.;
- Assist in the planning, logistics, and on-site support of meetings, events, and conferences. Sometimes these events will involve working cross-departmentally with other teams at MAC and will occasionally require earlier mornings or late evenings;
- Assisting in hosting international delegations at MAC;
- Prepare and update collateral for various initiatives;
- Complete expense reports, inbound and outbound payments, and budget consolidation;
- Assist in supporting the Director of Operations and Chief Economic Development Officer;
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines when providing assistance with project management;
- Verify, maintain, and update internal databases; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.