Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a pleasant working environment, and the opportunity for career growth and advancement. We count on our valued workforce to be professional, provide exceptional member service, and help our members make smart financial choices.
Come join our team as Vice President - Controller, where you will lead the Credit Union's Accounting division. Responsible for the Credit Union's cash management and daily liquidity needs and the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting and reporting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes overall responsibility for the Credit Union's Accounting division and executes on strategic initiatives by developing short and long-term goals and objectives supporting the Credit Union's mission. Provides direct leadership to the Senior Staff Accountant, Senior Management Accountant, Staff Accountant, and indirect guidance, and support to Accounting and Finance team members. Responsibilities include interviewing, performance management, coaching, recognition, corrective action, development, and empowerment while ensuring the achievement of key performance metrics. Provides efficient performance of the division through the balancing of human and technical resources.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all accounting and finance operational activities and functions, including billing, budgeting, collections, financial statements, internal reporting, payables, payroll validation, and taxes.
- Manages the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results to include month-end and year-end close of income, balance sheet, and cash flow statements, as well as a reconciliation of accounts and general ledger (G/L) analysis.
- Issues timely, accurate, and complete financial statements.
- Monitors and manages all cash of the Credit Union daily and reports any variance to the planned/projected cash position to the Senior Vice President – Chief Financial Officer.
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvements and implementing new processes.
- Collaborates with peers across the Credit Union. Leads and/or participates in department or organization-level projects relative to the Accounting division.
- Ensures the Credit Union's record-keeping standards and practices meet the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Prepares schedules and assists with external audits.
- Prepares the annual budget for Accounting and effectively manages operating expenses.
- Promotes Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union through community involvement, memberships in organizations and business networks, and visibility at community events and activities sponsored and supported by the Credit Union.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.