The Prevention Specialist functions as the primary advocate responsible for the delivery of direct individual and community efforts of grant-based prevention program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate prevention groups with youth and families using an evidenced-based curriculum;
- Conducts community-based outreach activities related to grant deliverables;
- Implement community based strategies to address and prevent youth substance use in collaboration with community partners;
- Implement evidenced based intervention in various settings with youth, parents, and community members;
- Implement marketing strategies including social media campaign to support program deliverables;
- Work with non-profit agencies, government entities, private businesses, schools, and other entities to execute diverse prevention strategies related to reducing substance use;
- Document all service delivery in accordance with Federal, State, and agency standards;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health/Human Services or two years experience in prevention services.