Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree preferred, high school diploma required, with two years of experience working with youth at risk.
- Understanding of trauma informed practices and how trauma affects the cognitive development of youth who've had adverse childhood experiences.
- Knowledge of and understanding of the stages of healthy infant/child development.
- Experience working with children birth-4 years.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to self-start, multi-task; and take direction from multiple staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions independently.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, Power Point. Also experienced with data entry.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must have a valid California drivers license and proof of automobile insurance. Position requires DMV clearance.
- Pass a criminal background check, FBI/DOJ fingerprinting, TB test, drug test and employment verification.
- A passion for Orangewood Foundations work and its mission to value and support youth.
- Enjoys working directly with parenting youth, community partners, etc.
- Creates atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment.
- Follows and fulfills Orangewood Foundation policies and procedures.
- Communicates clearly and directly with internal and/or external customers to assure proper resolution of concerns and satisfaction of inquiries, and speaking positively of Orangewood Foundation decisions, processes, and programs to other staff and outside consumers.
- Supports and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, interdependence, and ethical behavior and does not participate in gossip.
- Displays the organizations essential attitudes by approaching projects, activities and other job functions with flexibility and a positive attitude.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Work is primarily performed in a single-family home. Cleaning of the home and outside spaces. Occasional driving of residents to appointments. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending, and lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
Modification to work schedule may be made based on need of the Foundation.
Orangewood Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex. gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with all applicable federal or State laws.