To be a Care Manager at LIFEPLan is an amazing career…But…It's not for everyone.
If you are a person who loves a fast-paced environment, is passionate about others and who would find satisfaction in helping our members achieve their best life…. then this job is for you…. submit your resume and start making an impact by:
- Providing strong advocacy to ensure members are at the center of determining their desired life goals.
- Applying empathy, cultural sensitivity, and sound judgment to support members and families.
- Ensuring service standards and compliance are met regarding caseload files and health electronic records, including timely completion of activity notes and Life Plans.
- Ensuring required OPWDD documentation is complete for member service eligibility.
- Complying with all standards of conduct and confidentiality as determined by LIFEPlan’s Corporate Compliance Regulations, OPWDD, DOH, the Justice Center, and HIPAA.
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability for your work while delivering outstanding results for members.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree, (preferably in a Health and Human Services field) and at least (2) two years of relevant work experience or a master’s degree with (1) one-year relevant work experience. OR
- Experience as a Licensed Registered Nurse with (2) two years of experience.
- Preferably a strong working knowledge of local community resources.
- Strong technological skills with ability to learn, access and navigate web-based systems.
- Excellent organization, and planning skills to prioritize your work and time appropriately.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to actively listen to other points of view, work well in diverse populations and treat others with respect and dignity.
- The ability to tele-commute, working primarily from your home office, as well as conducting face-to-face meetings with members and families, at their homes, (which may not be ADA compliant), in the office or in a community setting.
- A valid Driver’s License from New York, or a contiguous state (i.e., Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Vermont) to attend meetings in person in the community and in the office as needed.
- To reside in New York state, or a contiguous state (i.e., Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Vermont)
As an employee, LIFEPlan will support you with:
- A collaborative work environment, competitive salary, generous paid time off, and developmental opportunities.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with a 100% match on the 1st 3% deferred, and 50% on the next 2% after one year of employment.
- Company-paid Group Life insurance equal to 1 year of your base salary with a minimum of $50,000 coverage, Long-Term Disability insurance and an option to purchase enhanced Short-Term Disability insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- A flexible tele-commuting schedule to include mileage reimbursement when traveling for work.