Come work with us at Houston Ballet! Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Visit: www.houstonballet.org for more information.
Houston Ballet Education and Community Engagement (ECE) Teaching Artists work in 17 programs to deliver high quality educational programs to the diverse population of Houston. Houston Ballet delivers 88% of its ECE programming free of charge to the community and prioritizes partnerships with schools that have 75% or more of their student population identified as economically disadvantaged by the Texas Education Agency.
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
Teaching and Curriculum
- Plan and implement TEKS-aligned dance education and integration programs in public schools and other community locations.
- Train to support and teach in Adaptive dance programs for students with cognitive, neurological and physical differences in schools and other community locations.
- Attend professional development training with other members of the ECE team.
- Attend ECE team and program specific meetings.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience and certifications in one or more dance forms including, but not limited to ballet, modern, jazz, musical theater, hip-hop, Latin social dance.
- A minimum of three years teaching experience to students ages K-12th grade.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A driver’s license and reliable source of transportation.
- Willingness to undergo state and national background checks.
- Must be available to work at least 10 hours per week during a traditional school year.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballets mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.