Position: Ticket Office Associate
Reports to: Ticketing Operations Manager
Location: Downtown Charleston, SC
Hours: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Nights and weekends will be required
The Charleston Gaillard Center is entering a new phase of focus, with the development of local and national partnerships and the producing and commissioning of work, taking a greater role alongside our continued commitment to presenting high quality touring artists.
A leader in the performing arts in the Southeast, The Charleston Gaillard Center commissions, supports, and presents ambitious, multidisciplinary cultural programming and provides access to the best local, national, and global artists and companies on its stage. Deeply rooted in the community, the Gaillard Center is committed to elevating local and regional voices and partnering with Charleston institutions to reflect the city’s diversity, both on stage and off. Through programming on its public campus and extensive arts education initiatives, the Gaillard Center serves as a platform to participate in community building and essential dialogue.
Located in the heart of the Inspiration Corridor, Charleston’s cultural hub, the Gaillard Center was established as a non-profit in 2015. It’s campus includes the world-class 1,818-seat Martha and John M. Rivers Performance Hall, a 16,000 square-foot Grand Ballroom, and a park space that is increasingly being activated for artistic presentations.
The Charleston Gaillard Management Corporation (GMC), doing business as The Charleston Gaillard Center, is a non-profit 501c3 organization responsible for managing the facility. For more information about the Charleston Gaillard Center, please visit https://www.gaillardcenter.org.
The Ticket Office Associate (TOA) is a member of The Gaillard’s Ticketing Team. The TOA is the first person that our patrons interact with. The TOA must be proficient in our computer ticketing system, ticketing procedures and policies, and maintaining a friendly, efficient, and effective ticket office. With a focus on patron & donor satisfaction, service, audience development and retention in a deadline-driven environment, the individual will be responsible for The Gaillard’s sales of subscriptions, single and group sale tickets for The Gaillard events, as well as the events for The Gaillard’s users. The TOA will develop exceptionally positive and productive relationships with The Gaillard’s users and resident companies.
- Responsible for learning and understanding the Spektrix Ticketing System.
- Deliver a high level of customer service at all times, including responding to inquiries from patrons and donors regarding ticket needs, complaints, or other issues
- Follow ticket office policies and procedures
- Assure compliance with system and financial controls including cash and credit card handling procedures
- Familiarity with PCI compliance issues preferred
- Monitor daily ticket sales
- Other duties as assigned
- High-School Diploma required
- Experience working in customer service or in a performing arts venue preferred
- Availability to work nights and weekend pursuant to event schedules
- High degree of computer proficiency
- Considerable proficiency in basic mathematics and accounting
- Computer literate in MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Internet research skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Confidence in accountability for and handling large sums of money utilizing prescribed cash management controls
- Experience and appreciation of the fine and performing arts preferred
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Superior organization, and attention to detail skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and exercise good discretion and judgment
- Knowledge of the arts, and non-profit organizations in Charleston is a preferred plus
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer
- Work may include prolonged periods of sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen
- Must submit to a criminal background check
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
$15.00/hour; nights and weekends are required.
The Charleston Gaillard Center is an equal opportunity employer. Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Gaillard is critical to our mission. To be a leading performing arts center in the Southeast, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging. For us, equity means that our staff members, our patrons, and our clients can experience the transformative power of the arts, no matter their starting place.