Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Driver with a focus on making inter-regional transfers between NYC, Providence, and Baltimore. We are looking for a responsible delivery driver to distribute products promptly to our customers. You will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in the delivery of company product to different addresses and through different routes
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and ensure safe delivery of company product.
- Ask for feedback on provided services and resolve clients’ complaints
- Collect payments, invoices, and related goods
- Assist in the completion of logs and reports
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Responsible for the delivery of goods following Gotham Greens Shipping Protocol
- Responsible for completion of shipping/delivery tickets.
- Responsible for cleanliness of trucks.
- Hours: 4 AM - 2 PM
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver and comfortable driving in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Valid professional driver’s license
- 2-3 years of delivery driving experience
- Experience driving the I-95 corridor
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- Ability to operate forklifts a plus
- High school degree
- Capable of lifting 50lbs, Standing and Sitting for extended periods of time.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.