Come work with us at Houston Ballet! Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Visit: www.houstonballet.org for more information.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will primarily support email marketing and curation of analytics for all marketing initiatives. The role will work cross-departmentally to coordinate email campaigns from development to deployment. This role will also work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Marketing on maintaining workflow processes for digital marketing campaigns, along with creating reports and analyzing data for internal and external use. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of digital marketing, and customer journeys as well as be enthusiastic, creative and possess a strong attention to detail. Strong copywriting and verbal communication skills are required, along with generating reports and extracting data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Associate Director of Marketing with creating and implementing digital marketing campaigns for Houston Ballet’s main company, and as needed with HB Academy and ECE programs.
- In conjunction with the marketing team, coordinate content, schedule and copy for email marketing campaigns, including organization-wide newsletters, ticketing offers, pre-show performance emails, etc.
- Coordinate and gather content for digital campaigns across multiple departments including copywriting.
- Compile tracking and analysis reports for digital and traditional marketing initiatives, including annual reports for corporate sponsors.
- Follow established workflow processes and work with colleagues to track progress in project management software, Trello.
- Support marketing team with maintenance of the website, including copy updates.
- Execute all job functions while maintaining brand integrity and high-quality work with a patron-centered focus with a positive, teamwork-oriented attitude.
- Actively follow new email and digital marketing trends and research ways to improve our website, emails, and any future digital platforms.
- Remain flexible and nimble to take on additional digital marketing responsibilities over the long term as opportunities become available. All other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing and/or college degree/pertinent certifications preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with a large-scale email service provider preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and strong understanding of SEO best practices preferred.
- Experience using content management system (CMS) a plus.
- Knowledge of dance, music, or performing arts preferred.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong copywriting ability and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with an extremely high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; basic knowledge of Adobe CS or other design programs such as Canva preferred.
- Availability and willingness to assist with Houston Ballet community and promotional events outside of regular work hours, such as performances, Nutcracker PR appearances, City of Houston Tree Lighting events, etc. including some nights and weekends.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballets mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.