Director of Continuing Professional Education, CITI Program
About the Organization:
BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH ALLIANCE OF NEW YORK LLC ('BRANY')
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program)
The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program), a division of BRANY, was established in 2000 and joined BRANY in May 2016. CITI Program is a leading provider of research education content. Its web-based training materials serve millions of learners at academic institutions, government agencies, and commercial organizations in the U.S. and around the world. CITI Program's mission is to provide educational content that promotes the quality of, and public trust, in the research enterprise.
Founded in 1998 and owned by four leading academic medical centers - NYU School of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Icahn School of Medicine, and Northwell Health, BRANY is the premiere resource for research support services for hospitals, academic medical centers and investigators. BRANY's services, which are designed to improve research efficiency and quality, include an array of outsourced clinical trial start up services such as IRB review, contracting and Medicare coverage analysis. BRANY IRB was the first IRB in New York to be accredited by AAHRPP. BRANY is also the developer of Protocol Builder®, an award-winning protocol writing tool for investigator-initiated research.
Responsible for the growth of CITIs Continuing Professional Education (CE/CME) program and revenues. Set and meet annual revenue targets. Plan and manage budgets responsibly. Identify strategies, plans and operations for the diversification and growth of certified activities and modes. Build and maintain long-term strategic relationships with key external stakeholders/partners toward expanding CITI Program visibility and securing new credit types. Instrument all required application materials to the exact specifications of providers.
Create marketing campaigns/communications to increase demand for CE certificates and heighten visibility of services with users. Develop needs-based strategic and operational online educational enhancements to improve learners experiences and satisfaction. Devise plans to maximize assistance to learners through customer support. Evaluate programs effectiveness annually. Work with internal units to successfully actualize all plans.
- Responsible for the on-going and long-term growth of the CITI Program CE/CME services.
- Direct strategic planning for the diversification and expansion of CE/CME products offerings and delivery methodologies.
- Build relationships with national and international professional societies/associations, advocacy organizations, academic institutions, and key thought leaders toward the growth and differentiation of CITIs CE/CME Program.
- Set priorities, develop and implement short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the unit.
- Secure internal resources necessary to achieve annual goals.
- Develop pricing policies for CE products and services.
- Set and achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets and operational forecast for the unit.
- Manage, coordinate all functions and services of program.
- Maintain and develop all departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develop metrics to measure effectiveness of program.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of the overall program.
- Maintain knowledge of regulations and policies impacting CE awards.
- Work with CME providers to ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
- Ensure all course certification documentation and procedures meet quality standards of CME providers.
- Develop and maintain online CE/CME FAQs.
- Propose strategies and plans to promote sales of CE products through customer support.
- Develop systems to provide accurate and timely support to learners seeking CE awards.
- Track and record issues reported by learners seeking to qualify for and purchase CE awards online.
- Identify potential online enhancements to simplify and speed up delivery of CE awards.
- Participate, plan, design and help implement improvements in user experience interacting with the various website CE/CME screens, FAQs, and processes.
- Provide training for all staff interacting with CE/CME division as needed.
Expectations for all employees:
- To support the BRANY mission of providing exceptional administrative and educational services to enhance the quality and efficiency of clinical trials within the global research community.
- Use time management skills to complete assignments, meet deadlines, and keep Management informed of progress. Promptly notify management of deficiencies. Additional hours may be mandatory to meet deadlines.
- Uses communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Uses writing skills to effectively communicate via email and written correspondence.
- Works independently, takes initiative, and troubleshoots daily routine problems as they occur.
- Develops or recommends a plan of corrective action for non-routine issues.
- Works as a team member on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. (*)
- Participate on sub-committee(s) as needed. (*)
- Arrive to work punctually and have good attendance.
- Present him/herself in a professional manner.
- Treat fellow coworkers with respect and consideration.
- Attend all required staff, and department meetings. (*)
- Assist with making accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the BRANY organization and services.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. (*)
Non-Essential Functions will be noted by asterisk (*). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO and Accommodations:
BRANY is committed to having a diverse population and a policy of equal opportunity for all employees, and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or citizenship status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. BRANY also recognizes same sex marriages and the employment rights of those in the LGBT community.