Hart Crowser is currently seeking a Mid- to Senior-Level Environmental Engineer for the continued growth of our Environmental Services Division in Seattle. The candidate should have an established (or emerging) history of building an environmental consulting practice, developing and executing new business, and managing project teams within a team environment.
BS (Masters preferred) in engineering with emphasis in environmental disciplines.
Certifications and Licenses
Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or on track for licensure.
8 to 15+ years related professional experience, including 5 years of experience managing a team and environmental services projects. Must have experience and desire to conduct business development and generate revenue. Strong field and office/educational experience in the investigation and remediation of contaminated soil, groundwater, surface water, and air/soil vapor. Other relevant experience would include evaluation of remedial alternatives, treatment technologies, remedial design, environmental chemistry, contaminant fate and transport, aquifer characterization and testing, groundwater modeling. Should have good problem-solving skills and ability to interact effectively with project managers and clients.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Pacific Northwest public and private sector environmental market.
- Identifying and pursuing new clients and project opportunities.
- Experience conducting environmental investigations, remediation, and regulatory compliance under MTCA, CERCLA, and RCRA.
- Conducting marketing and business development activities with potential clients;
- Identifying and pursuing new clients and project opportunities;
- Providing work assignments and performance reviews to ensure the efficient;
- Cost-effective utilization of staff;
- Managing the development and retention of staff in the Seattle office;
- Supporting existing client relationships through proactive communication, coordination, and technical project work in area of expertise; and
- Managing projects to achieve profitability, loss prevention, and quality assurance.
Skills in a related environmental practice area such as mine cleanup/closure or municipal/industrial stormwater is a plus.