Become Part of the Main Street Bank Team
You Deserve to Love What You Do
“Choosing to work here has enhanced my career”; “Senior management’s doors are always open”; “I absolutely love what I do”; “The culture is awesome!”
These are words straight from our employees, and what you will experience working for Main Street Bank. What will you get when you choose a career here?
- Opportunities for career growth and cross-departmental exposure.
- Competitive benefits, from salary, health insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance, and more.
- Access to robust onsite and outside training programs to hone your skillset.
- Collaboration with an innovative, creative, and fun team of people dedicated to what they do.
- Work-life balance in a family-oriented, community organization.
We are looking for several individuals to participate in a focused training program to get started in banking – “No Experience Required”! Training program will run this October so apply now!!!
Job Title: Personal Banker in Training/Float
Location: Ayer, MA (Region) & Marlborough, Ma (Region) – All Locations
SUMMARY: As a member of the Retail Branch team and reporting directly to the Assistant Manager / Branch Manager, the Personal Banker I is Main Street Bank’s entry level Personal Banker. The Personal Banker I, is responsible for handling all types of customer service transactions including teller line transactions. The Personal Banker I, is also responsible for directing customers to other departments when conducting non-deposit transactions. The Personal Banker I, may assist with branch/retail projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole. This position is also expected to embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers customer questions in person, via telephone or mail and provides information on bank products and services.
- Opens all types of deposit accounts, determining needed documentation; follows up to ensure that it is received and properly filed
- Cross sells bank products, recommending appropriate products and services to fill customer needs Analyzes basic customer inquiries and complaints and refers problem situations to the appropriate officials as necessary.
- Answers telephone inquiries and questions regarding activity, balances, etc.
- Opens and organizes teller workstation maintaining adequate cash, forms, and supply inventories for the day’s activities.
- Process wide variety of customer transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, dispersing cash, loan and mortgage payments. Processing and disbursing checks, money orders, and account transfers.
- Provide a variety of customer service, including but not limited to: Change of address forms, repining debit cards, putting notes on customer debit cards, assisting customers with renewals of Certificates of Deposit etc.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities and initiate proper balancing procedures at the end of each work shift, reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, products, and services.
- Continually updates knowledge of bank products through seminars and courses.
- Maintains and balances at the end of the day.
- Operates within defined bank security procedures as to cash levels, check cashing and processing of transactions.
- Works a Customer Service desk, a lobby window or the drive-up as assigned.
- Maintains work area for efficient services and cleanliness
- Assists with random monthly cash drawer audits and alarm testing in accordance with the Branch Manager monthly report.
- Handles customer problems and complaints in a professional and timely manner and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Directs consumer loan requests, maintaining a basic knowledge of the Bank’s consumer loan products, to appropriate branch personnel.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Occasionally travel locally for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. Staff meetings, training, business calls, networking, community/marketing events).
- Employee will periodically throughout the year be required to participate in community events that may be outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shares responsibility for achieving branch goals.
- Participates in Branch activities that generate new business such as promoting branch sales culture and special promotional events.
- Occasionally represents the financial institution in before/after hours and/or weekend networking and community service events.
- Consistently exceeds customer service expectations by offering excellent service, including greeting customers, smiling, using their name and building rapport with customers designed to generate customer loyalty.
- Maintains a solid knowledge of Bank’s deposit and loan products as well as additional services offered.
- Provides counsel to existing and potential customers regarding product and/or service selection.
- Evaluates customer problems and complaints and resolves them to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers with account opening and maintenance as well as all teller line transactions.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interacts independently with members of the community to conduct banking needs; complete transactions and resolves customer issues as needed.
- Work is non-routine and relies on prior directly related experience and specific bank policies, and sales programs.
- Work is supervised.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- High School diploma or equivalent, banking courses and/or related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on an occasional basis.
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on a regular basis.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
The completion of this Application for Employment does not assure a position with Main Street Bank and any offer of employment is conditioned on the satisfactory completion of a background and credit review as determined by the sole discretion of Main Street Bank. Neither this Application for Employment nor any document constitutes a contract of employment for a specific term and that any employment relationship that may be established will be 'at-will' and if hired, may be terminated at any time, for any reason, by the applicant or Main Street Bank.
Massachusetts Law - It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Massachusetts General Laws c. 151B prohibits employers from (1) terminating or refusing to hire individuals on the basis of genetic information; (2) requesting genetic information concerning employees, applicants, or their family members; (3) attempting to induce individuals to undergo genetic tests or otherwise disclose genetic information; (4) using genetic information in any way that affects the terms and conditions of an individual’s employment; or (5) seeking, receiving or maintaining genetic information for any non-medical purpose.
Main Street Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and gender identity.
Main Street Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 508-460-4196 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.