Concession Manager on Duty (MOD)
*Must be available to work 4-6 shifts or events per month.
The Concessions Manager-on-Duty (MOD) will assist with leading our concessions operations during events. This position works closely with the Concessions Managers and Director of Food and Beverage. This is a fun opportunity for an outgoing and organized person with exceptional hospitality experience.
Requirements and Competencies
- 1-year supervisory experience within the food service field.
- Ability to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to resolve problems and manage difficult situations as needed.
- Ability to do basic math skills and handle cash, credit cards, and checks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- There are no minimum education requirements for this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Serve-Safe Certification
- Previous POS experience
- Experience with My Venue Point of Sale System
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Supervise and work alongside Concessions staff.
- Assist with onboarding and training new employees.
- Assist Cooks as needed.
- Promote a strong safety culture within the Concessions department.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Serve as a floor manager during events.
- Work with departments to ensure the best customer experience.
- Use independent judgement and problem-solving skills as appropriate.
- Utilize and understand My Venue POS system, front of house and back of house.
- Basic computer understanding and utilization.
- Cash handling, payment card, and till management.
- Other Duties as assigned.
This position is part-time with a schedule based on DECC event needs. This position will mostly work afternoons, evenings, and weekend shifts with an occasional day shift scheduled on various days of the week and may include some holidays. Availability for UMD Men’s Hockey games is essential.
The required uniform may fluctuate based on the event. Business professional attire will be the standard. The DECC will provide a branded T-shirt and/or polo.
Assist with supervision of concession employees.
This position will require someone that is able to stand on their feet for many hours at a time and move quickly to different places based on needs. The MOD will need to use their hands frequently, and be able to see, hear, and speak often. This position will require bending and maneuvering, and the ability to move and lift up to 40 pounds at times.
The majority of work will be performed within doors. Many of the areas will fluctuate from moderate to loud noise levels. Temperature can fluctuate from hot to cold.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
This position is at will. This means if you are offered the position and accept, your employment with the DECC is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or the DECC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job description or any other policy of the DECC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of this position.
The at will employment status of an employee of the DECC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by the Executive Director or the Chair of the DECC Board of Directors.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment with the DECC is at will, and that nothing in this description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
The DECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualification and ability. The DECC does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The DECC will follow any state or local law that provides greater protection. This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The DECC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Type of Position
Type of Employment
Food and Beverage
Concession Manager, Front of House