- Bachelors degree required with a minimum of at least 5 years professional experience in facility operations and grounds management.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience related to hvac systems, mechanical systems. Knowledge of related federal and state laws and regulations
- Knowledge of policies, ability to use discretion, judgment, and initiative to make independent decisions.
- Effective verbal and written communication, leadership, organizational, training, delegation skills, and excellent crisis management skills. Must be able to perform multiple concurrent tasks.
- Should possess computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software packages.
- Position requires lifting and moving of furniture (i.e. table and chairs) at times.
- Required to wear back support belt, wear goggles when working with specific equipment, wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate. Appropriate shoes must be worn.
- Constant need to be on feet.
- Have constant need to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat/Knee: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment.
- Climb Stairs: Service requests, make-ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Push or Pull: Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- Reach Above Shoulder: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, remove equipment, parts, etc.
- Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities:
- Writing: Inventory maintenance, requisition requests, required maintenance reports
- Lifting/carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.):
Over 150 lbs. Rare need
75 - 150 lbs. Occasional need
25 - 75 lbs. Frequent need
1 - 25 lbs. Constant need
NOTE: Lifting and carrying weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons.
Constant need to document maintenance and complete forms, review manuals and operating instructions, read cautionary labels, respond to written instruction from staff and residents. Constant need to see small detail when performing routine maintenance duties. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (observe problems throughout the property).
Constant need to communicate with assistants, resident staff, vendors and residents. Must use listening skills to diagnose needed repairs, etc.
Constant need to verbally communicate with staff, residents, guests, and vendors.
Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors. May occasionally require expedient travel to property at moments notice. Pick up and deliveries to the campus.
Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance coverage.
Indoors. Frequently outdoors, all conditions, often for extended periods.
Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc.
Frequent need to work in awkward and confining positions.
HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.