- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the maintenance of buildings and appliances.
- Two years of maintenance experience required, preferably in a housing environment.
- Ability to operate and maintain all standard maintenance equipment safely.
- Licensed ability to drive a vehicle and a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to work in a housing and maintenance environment which includes being able to safely lift, move or transport materials as heavy as fifty pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work in an environment including being outdoors in inclement weather in order to clear walkways of snow, ice and/or debris.
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $18.00/hour with increases commensurate with experience & education.
Schedule: Dependent on location. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Part-time employees (20-29 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.