We are looking for energetic, friendly, and creative people. This is a wonderful opportunity for those looking for part-time work with plenty of room to grow.
The Esports Coordinator is part-time on an as needed basis for various Esports organized by the Park District of Oak Park. Staff will assist and/or lead with the set-up, take-down, and implementation of activities. Staff will ensure the safety of all participants. This position will work with participants ranging in age from 7 years of age to adult. Staff must take direction well, be enthusiastic, and be comfortable interacting with the public.
- Act as a leader and foster a community with open and frequent communication.
- Supervise children and program participants to ensure that they are actively engaged, safe, and having fun.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a positive public image by professionally addressing questions and concerns from staff, patrons, participants, and parents.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and leading of lessons/activities/crafts that promote age-appropriate growth.
- Assist in keeping program supplies, equipment, and facility space clean, organized, and safe.
- Redirect participant behavior, when necessary, enforce park district rules, and make sound decisions in order to secure the safety and well-being of all participants, staff, facilities, and equipment.
- Work effectively with internal and external customers, recognize diverse opinions, and needs, and maintain a positive working relationship with all employees.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all general departmental specific safety rules; obey and enforce the regulations and procedures established by the Park District and program description.
- Occasionally assist with events and programs
- Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor or other Park District administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Work Experience Required:
- Must have knowledge and experience with Esports programing.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be organized, responsible, professional, and friendly.
- Certification in advanced Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) within 3 months of employment and keep certification current. The District provides this training.
- 2 years of customer service and sports experience
- Experience working with a team.
Work Environment, Physical Demands and Considerations:
- Must have the ability to lift, push, and/or pull at least 40 pounds.
- Flexibility to assist with the physical set up and take down of programs.
- In case of emergency, be able to respond quickly and appropriately with childrens safety in mind.
- Environmental considerations can include but are not limited to extreme weather conditions and noise such as building construction.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and/or written instructions efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to communicate and represent the Park District in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines and exercise judgment in all aspects of responsibility.
- Ability to resolve conflict safely, calmly, and effectively.
Internal: Employees of Park District.
External: Patrons of Park District of Oak Park; residents of Oak Park, WSSRA, Partner Organizations including governmental and non-profit groups.
Average number hours per week: 16-19 hours.
Hours will vary, Monday Friday, 3:00 p.m. 7:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, functions, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, functions, activities, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer!