The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
New York City is one of the largest purchasers of government health benefits in the nation and is uniquely positioned to directly impact the health of a significant fraction of New Yorkers and demonstrate the impact of a workplace wellness initiative. WorkWell NYC is New York City’s workplace wellness program, housed within the Mayor’s Office of Labor Relations, serving more than 380,000 City of New York employees who work to maintain a vibrant, safe, and thriving city. Our mission is to empower City employees to Eat Well, Be Well, Move More, and Take Action to live healthy, active lifestyles at work, at home, and beyond. Beginning in FY20, WorkWell NYC has partnered with Thrive NYC to deepen and expand its Be Well initiative, designed to address mental well-being, stress, and resilience in the workplace.
The WorkWell NYC Wellness Partner Program Coordinator will support program development and implementation, create promotional materials, and track program outcomes. The position will be based at the partner site, Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), with which WorkWell NYC works closely. This role is intended for a detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for health and wellbeing and partnership building. The Wellness Partner Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the organizational delivery and maintenance of WorkWell NYC programming throughout the partner site locations. Operating centrally from the Office of Labor Relations, the Wellness Partner Program Coordinator may make regular site visits to various agency locations (virtually and in-person when appropriate) to build internal capacity to deliver wellness programs that align with WorkWell NYC’s key work streams: mental well-being, physical activity, nutrition, health equity and preventative health. The position will begin in July, 2021.
- Coordinate and implement wellness programming, including the development and execution of events and activities, and seek opportunities to expand engagement in wellness programs
- Assist agency leadership in the development of a strategic plan for each worksite/agency including engagement programs
- Participate in labor-management or agency wellness committees as appropriate
- Liaise with key partners to help support and expand wellness activities
- Create and utilize reporting tools to assist worksites in tracking and documenting project work
- Coordinate with WorkWell NYC evaluation team to measure program effectiveness
- Developing educational materials to promote health and well-being
- Making site visits to assist with program implementation