The Vice President of Human Resources will be responsible for management of both the strategic and administrative functions of the human resources department including recruitment and staffing, benefits and wellness, corporate training, employee relations and company culture, and HR/Legal compliance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Sets both the strategic and administrative vision for the human resources department.
- Oversees Talent Acquisition and Development, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, onboarding and training activities.
- On-going utilization of HRIS, including updates, reporting and access; ensures accuracy and thoroughness of data and coordinate reporting needs and data fixes with IT, Finance and others as needed.
- Oversees the management of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, supplementary insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and workers compensation. Including but not limited to working with brokers, vendors and employees.
- Oversees the management of annual benefits renewal process, including broker and plan evaluation and selection, as well as new or alternate methods of providing benefits; conducts open enrollment.
- Counsels and advises employees and managers on various employee relations issues, including but not limited to disciplinary action, terminations and layoffs. Recommends changes to keep the company compliant and to improve the cultural throughout the company.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings; coordinating with outside legal counsel when required.
- Maintain human resource policies by preparing, updating, and recommending changes as needed.
- Manages annual performance review process, as well as interim reviews and performance improvement plans.
- Oversees the management of FMLA, ADA and similar situations.
- Maintains employee records and submit required data to governmental agencies to maintain timely compliance, including EEO, DOL, unemployment claims, state disability claims.
- Manages the separation process, including exit interviews and evaluation; insures appropriate actions taken to exit employees in the most positive manner possible.
- Prepares and update job requirements and position descriptions for all positions; compensation administration.
- Selects, supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Periodically prepare and present reports on specific topics related to HR for Senior Management.
- Oversee employee surveys and report results to Senior Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as VP or Director of HR, preferably in a multi-state environment, encompassing all aspects of HR.
- Must have prior experience managing a variety of benefit plans, including health and retirement plans.
- Prior experience with HRIS system required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP Certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Extensive hands-on experience with employee relations, FMLA/ADA, performance management and coaching, recruiting, hiring and separations.
- Strong knowledge of HR principles, practices and related federal, state and local laws (including California).
- Must have good business judgment, be able to quickly learn the company’s priorities and incorporate them into HR solutions in alignment with company goals.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, every-changing environment.
- Ability to work successfully with senior management, department managers and employees at all level, as well as vendors and candidates. Must be able to develop trusting working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong coaching and influencing skills.
- Must be organized and have great attention to detail; ability to thrive in a high energy, fast moving environment with constantly changing demands.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify weakness or potential risk and develop solutions.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; also HRIS.
- General knowledge of office equipment such as telephone, copier, printer, scanner and fax machine.
Icing on the Cake:
- Must be pro-active.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Must be a team player.
Management & Leadership Skills:
- Self-starter with effective time management skills.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- 401(K) Plans.
- 15 days PTO (to start) & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
- Work-life balance.
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone. Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!