The Retail Training Specialist is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of training programs for new and existing Retail Associates. The Retail Training Specialist will train on all policies, procedures and systems required for Retail to perform their essential responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be curious, flexible, self-motivated and strive to deliver a positive, supportive, and effective training experience.
- Primary role for this individual is to provide training both in the branch and classroom and facilitate skill development for those in customer-facing roles in the Retail Department.
- Works with new Retail Associates to successfully complete onboarding responsibilities and execute all training required of their position is delivered, following up through regular assessments to ensure information is applied correctly in all customer situations.
- Develop new training initiatives or reform and improve existing training programs, making proactive training recommendations.
- Close collaboration and frequent communication with the Retail Managers to facilitate in branch training for new Retail Bankers.
- Design and develop materials, checklists, and guidelines that include service standards, sales process, products and services, technical/system usage, operational procedures, and compliance instruction.
- Create customized trainings to deliver product and service information to ensure Associates remain informed and educated on all aspects of Retail Banking.
- Assist staff as they are helping customers to give them hands-on experience in performing the sales and service process of Retail Banker along with working with them on their interpersonal skills in developing customer relationships.
- Make on-site branch visits as needed after new employees have spent time on the job to continue the learning process, review progress and retrain where necessary.
- Develop and maintain internal knowledge base content to support the Retail Department through use of Microsoft Office Teams, Forms, and other means of communication.
- Work with subject matter experts within the bank in a variety of departments to validate information and processes.
- Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job-related seminars, conferences workshops and attending all relevant internal training.
- Complete additional projects, operational or administrative tasks/other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education, Experience, Technical Knowledge, and Skills:
- Strong presentation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of training best practices
- Ability to speak in public setting and at ease moderating groups.
- Ability to facilitate training via classroom and via Teams.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and sound judgement.
- Ability to provide feedback and coaching to trainees.
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Inquisitive, agile, and strong team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and core values.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High School Diploma
- Written and Verbal Communication skills.
- Time Management
- Ability to multitask on a variety of projects
The Bank of Washington is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.