*Position is remote but open to residents of Ohio only. Must reside in Ohio as of start date*
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio is seeking a mission-minded Associate to join us as a full time (37.5 per week) Development Operations Associate to support our Development team.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN?
We protect, promote, and provide empowered health care for people throughout Ohio.
- We respect and honor all people
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for patients and staff
- We provide health care - without judgment
- We maintain responsible business practices
- We regularly demonstrate our shared organizational workplace values and standards in order to educate and care for the communities that we serve
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical 90% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage
- Vision 100% employer paid
- Life Insurance 100% employer paid
- Accidental Death & Disability 100% employer paid
- Long Term/Short Term Disability 100% employer paid
- 401(k) with matching employer contribution up to 4%
- Eight (8) paid holidays per year
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Customized interactive training and on-boarding program
- Gain and/or strengthen your experience in areas such as
- Database Management (Raiser's Edge)
- Gift Entry
- Prospect Research
- Data Analysis
- Opportunities to be promoted from within for those that demonstrate proficiency and understanding of standard operating procedures over time and a commitment to our mission.
- Be part of a team that provides critical health care and education to Ohioans
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deposits gifts received at the Columbus office at least 2-3 times per week, primarily through remote deposit. Creates check logs for all gifts received at Columbus office.
- Uses independent judgment and guidance from Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio policies and procedures to accurately discern and code and enter all gifts on a daily basis.
- Provides Development Team with a Daily Gift Report, documenting gifts entered on the previous business day.
- Produces, prints, and mails tax receipts and acknowledgment letters at least 2-3 times per week. Ensures all tax receipts and acknowledgment letters are produced in compliance with IRS regulations and Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio policies and procedures.
- Sends tribute gift notification cards on a weekly basis.
- Conducts routine data entry, including contact information and other critical information in both Raiser’s Edge NXT and VAN/EveryAction.
- Completes daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly data audits to help maximize data hygiene in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Identifies opportunities for additional data hygiene work and projects and leads various data hygiene efforts.
- Support the Development Team by fulfilling basic data requests and providing high-level data analysis.
- Determines opportunities for additional data analysis and provides insight on data trends to the Development Team.
- Identifies potential mid-level, major donor, and institutional donor prospects based on PPGOH criteria and independent judgment and analysis.
- Completes high-level prospect research on potential mid-level, major donor, and institutional prospects, proposing ways in which we may be able to effectively target donors for upgraded gifts. Partner closely with Prospect Researcher and Institutional Giving Team in this work.
- Collaborates with Stewardship & Engagement Team to ensure accurate and timely communications with donors and responding in a prompt manner to donor requests.
- Provides training and support on RE NXT functionality to other Development Team members, as needed.
- Completes additional team support requests as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong preference for candidates with 1-2 years of experience working with data, databases, and/or nonprofit organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge NXT is a plus, but not required.
PROMISE TO OUR ASSOCIATES
Planned Parenthood has served Ohioans with safe, accessible, and affordable health care for 100 years and welcomed more than 100,000 patient visits to our health centers in 2020. Every day, we fight to provide this care to everyone, no matter their income level, insurance status, zip code, color, creed, or country of origin.
As a mission-driven health care provider, Planned Parenthood is dedicated to ending health disparities and achieving health equity among all races. We work on all levels through our health centers, educational programming, and public policy to make the greatest impact on the communities we serve.
In order to become the leading organization for high quality reproductive health care, we continuously strive to create a supportive work environment that results in a positive experience for patients and associates alike. We find this support in our In This Together workplace values and service standards that bring associates together and foster an inclusive culture.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (PPGOH) is an equal opportunity employer. We care for our business by ensuring that all of our decisions regarding the employment relationship, including the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are in accordance with our principles of equal opportunity.
As a matter of PPGOH policy we affirm that we respect and honor all people and we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
In addition to the above commitments, PPGOH seeks to have employees that reflect the broad diversity of those that we serve and we encourage all who are ready to be In This Together to apply.