Clinician, Prevention - Schenectady, NY
Relocation Package available within New York State!
The Parsons Prevention Program is seeking a Clinician that will provide comprehensive clinical, case planning, and family support services to county residents. We are dedicated to helping parents, caregivers and children succeed by drawing on their natural strengths while effectively addressing the risks that impact safety, permanency, and well-being. Services are provided in the home, school, and community.
What a Clinician can expect:
- Maintain a caseload of ten families and meet with each family weekly.
- Rapidly engage and sustain the engagement of families throughout the course of treatment.
- Assess individual(s) and family(s) including the use of assessment tools, as appropriate to the position.
- Identify and discuss the strengths, risk factors, and service needs that impact the health and safety of the client/family.
- Develop with the family and other service providers mutually agreed-upon treatment goals, as well as the methods to achieve goals.
- Schedule and facilitate Family Team Meetings and other Service Plan Reviews to assess progress and identify any needed modifications to treatment planning.
- Provide therapeutic services to children and families using different treatment modalities, as appropriate to the position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, DSS case managers, court officials, collaterals, and community providers.
- Provide advocacy, case management, and referral services, as indicated.
- Maintain case record and complete all paperwork: status sheets, progress notes, assessments, service plans, correspondence, discharge summaries, etc. in accordance with program contract, agency policy, COA, and state mandates.
Your experience and qualification:
- MSW and MHC Graduate required or will consider MSW OR MHC Graduates of Dec 2021
- LMSW, LMHC, LCSW and LCSW-R are preferred.
- Requires a Master's Degree
- Valid, clean driver's license with less than 6 points required
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Free training/CEU opportunities
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
If you’ve got the talent, drive, and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Apply today to become part of our team!