The Zoological Society of Milwaukee (the Society) is seeking part-time Membership Services Assistants to join a fun and talented team of professionals in supporting one of the most cherished community assets - the Milwaukee County Zoo. This position interfaces with the public and our members both over the phone and in-person, answering zoo-goer questions and selling a variety of items including our annual Zoo Pass memberships. This position is responsible for assisting zoo customers/members with any inquiries while ensuring the highest standards of customer service are met.
Starting Pay: $13.00
Hours: 15-29 hours/week, weekends required
Receive a free Zoo Pass up to family level, including parking!
- Employ strong customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate with customers.
- Develop a good understanding of the Tessitura database system in order to process transactions in person and via the phone, including memberships, animal sponsorships, donations, annual appeal, ornaments/plush and event ticket sales.
- Transfer calls to various departments.
- Support Education staff during class/camp sales.
- Professionally represent the Society and Zoo on Zoo grounds and when communicating with the public.
- File guest comments (positive & negative) in electronic Smartsheet shared with the Zoo staff.
- Assist with sending out Zoo Pass cards and preparing materials for mailing.
- Process the daily mail: incoming and outgoing.
- Handle walk-up inquiries/business at Guest Services and Membership windows.
- Balance cash drawer in morning and at end of shift.
- Stay up to date on daily activities happening at the Zoo.
- High school diploma, plus at least one year of experience in a customer service and cash handling role.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A positive attitude and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required, as well as a willingness to learn other software programs.
- Ability to work rotating weekends, evening special events, and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation to the Milwaukee County Zoo.
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee believes diversity, equity, access, and inclusion (DEAI) are the hallmarks of a robust, vibrant community and have adopted DEAI as foundational to our organizations’ priorities and values. A successful candidate will embrace these values and incorporate a similar commitment within their scope of work to foster an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, which is demonstrated through actions and words. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, and/or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Society provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
*For the foreseeable future, all newly hired Zoological Society of Milwaukee employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have been granted either a medical or religious-based exemption by the Human Resources department.