Have you always enjoyed being part of large conventions and trade show events? Are you an expert in show budget management while also utilizing vendor equipment? Do you have effective team leadership and project management abilities with superb communication skills? Asmodee USA is looking for a confident and detail- oriented Sr Events Manager to join the team. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about the role and how to APPLY!
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
The Senior Event Manager leads and manages the Event team in planning and execution of consumer and trade events designed to promote the full Asmodee catalog.
- Understand the overall strategy and sales priorities of Asmodee USA Distribution and convey them in all event management activity.
- Lead the Events team in planning and execution of consumer and trade events for the full Asmodee catalog. Create a positive working environment with highly engaged employees who work towards a common goal.
- Plan schedule for all US events, including staff assignments. Work hand-in-hand with the Trade Marketing functions for the trade show schedule and planning.
- Manage external vendors for large-scale booth projects
- Responsible for the overall events budget, including hardware, assets, travel, and other vendors. Have an accurate understanding of YTD spend by working closely with accounting and suppliers. Always remain under budget. Take corrective action during the year if spend exceeds budget and arrive below budget at the end of fiscal year.
- Lead pre-event and post-event meetings with team and internal contributors.
- Create and maintain an inventory system for all show material that tracks items in warehouse and shipped to events. Manage the warehouse event space in an organized manner and coordinate staging and inventory movement with warehouse staff.
- Lead the creation of toolkits that the sales team can use for smaller trade shows.
- Create guidelines for services offered to studios at shows and a menu of additional options with pricing. Follow up with studios and accounting for cross-charges when necessary.
- Ensure our internal studios and external publishers (owners, team members, authors and other staff) receive best-in-class service when attending American shows.
- Negotiate with show vendors and continuously search for efficiencies in cost and execution.
- Oversee the creation and communication of event briefs for internal and guest attendees as well as de-briefs for event stakeholders that can help improve our presence. Maintain all documentation up to date and organized in SharePoint.
- Work closely with MarCom, Trade, Sales, Graphic Design, Marketing Managers to ensure execution excellence.
- Build and maintain a contractor-based demo team in compliance with HR guidelines. Ensure the team’s briefing and adequate training before shows.
- Understand and track competition at events. Look out for innovative ideas that could promote our business and presence at events.
- Stay on top of trends in event hardware material and software support.
- Provide logistics support, including securing games, packing & shipping materials, load-in/load-out and assembly, and other on-site coordination of event activities.
- Ensure staff is adequately trained and prepared for each event.
- Ensure your team’s and the Distribution team’s goals are met through effective teamwork.
- Understand and implement Asmodee’s values in your daily work.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with different deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing large-scale booth projects with external vendors
- Substantial problem-solving ability.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to delegate, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- On event days: ability to spend 10+ hours engaging in physical activity, including lifting and moving boxes and items (up to 50 pounds) from storage to venue; setting up registration tables, displays, signage, disassembling and packing event materials.