ABOUT THE COMPANY:
On November 30, 2022, Guttman Energy, one of the regions largest private companies, Guttman Renewables, and Source One Transportation, united to form one new Company Guttman Holdings as part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The companies within this ESOP will continue to market under their current names, in the same markets, and are expected to continue their significant growth and success. As one energized, engaged, and employee-owned and led team, each of us now has a heightened sense of commitment to our customers and vendors goals, our Company, and our performance. United by a common purpose, our vision is to build a stronger future for all our stakeholders, by taking personal ownership of our Companys growth, and ensuring our collective long-term success.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Fleet Card Services is responsible for leading a team of sales professionals to profitably grow the Fleet Card Services business for Guttman Energy. The VP, Fleet Card Services must help develop and execute the overall enterprise strategies for achieving long-term company goals. This role requires a unique combination of deep sales leadership skills as well as broad business knowledge beyond the sales discipline.
This position will also be responsible for identifying new innovative business opportunities and creating project and execution plans. An in-depth knowledge of the fleet card industry, as well as training and development experience, will allow the person in this role to succeed in consistently closing accounts and developing a strong foundation for the fleet card sales team.
- Design, implement, and manage sales strategies and tactics to achieve company sales, profitability, and other goals
- Build Sales strategy for increasing volume and margin from current and new customers
- Uncover growth opportunities in current and new market segments and work with other department leaders to develop strategy and tactics to exploit
- Review programs and performance directives to ensure short- and long-term sales goals are attained and adjust policies, procedures, and programs as necessary to achieve results
- Develop processes to monitor daily execution of the sales strategy along with the daily volume and margin performance
- Develop and execute price management programs to increase margin and customer retention
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate sales team for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Hire, coach, mentor, train and manage Sales staff to succeed, and assist individuals to attain established goals and directives
- Manage a team of sales representatives to maximize performance, evaluate and explore various selling techniques, and develop and measure activity metrics.
- Build, develop and conduct training programs for sales team, expanding on selling techniques and customer care
- Provide effective motivation and support for Sales team to maximize the overall performance and promote job satisfaction.
- Develop a culture of accountability
- Contribute to the strategic planning process with executive team to establish the overall vision for Guttman Energy and other Guttman Group companies
- Monitor changing market factors, competition, and industry trends and help lead the organization to adapt as needed
- Lead inter-departmental business process design, implementation, and ongoing management
- Develop working methodologies with other executives in administration, bulk fuel sales, and operations as required to create organizational processes and procedures that optimize and grow the enterprise
- Work with other departments to streamline the orders-to cash procedures
- Work closely with VP of Supply & Trading to Manage executive-level relationships with the largest accounts and trade organizations
- Develop and maintain executive-level relationships with large commercial and industrial customers
- Represent Guttman Energy in trade organizations for the petroleum industry as well as organizations that support customers' industries
The VP, Fleet Card Services will join Guttman Energy's leadership team at its headquarters in Belle Vernon, PA.