Come work with us at Houston Ballet! Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Visit: www.houstonballet.org for more information.
The Academy Student Support Coordinator assists the Academy department with student enrollment, Academy facility needs, and customer service. This position supports the Registrar’s Office and Student Life Manager and serves as a point of contact for parents and students. This individual must be well organized with a strong attention to detail and exhibit a pleasant professional demeanor in customer interactions. This individual should have strong interest and experience working in systems that support student learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Create and maintain accurate attendance reporting for administrative and artistic staff
- Support students and faculty with enrollment records and teaching assistants
- Develop and implement alumni resources and tracking
Academy Facility Support:
- Coordinate facility needs for upcoming Academy events
- Maintain proper supplies and resources for Academy offices and studios
General Administrative Responsibilities:
- Interact with students and families daily in person and via email and phone
- Support Director of the Academy with scheduling student and family meetings
- Prepare meeting materials and take accurate meeting minutes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One to three years of related administrative experience
- Experience working in systems that support student learning
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Desire to work as part of a team and to take initiative of a project or task
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with customers and employees
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of dance preferred
- Available to work Sunday, 9:00am-5:00pm and Monday-Thursday 11:00am-7:00pm
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Availability for additional evenings and weekends as needed
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballets mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.