Join Our Team
At Onward Robotics, we are a bold, gritty, and purposeful team with an ambitious mission to revolutionize fulfillment. Our team is driven by a client-first mentality: we aim to solve hard problems and fuel our clients’ growth with innovation. We are seeking talented individuals who will have a huge impact on both our business and our team. Join us on our mission as we move fast, think big, and have fun!
Onward Robotics delivers innovative automation technology that coordinates humans and robots as a cohesive system to revolutionize fulfillment. Our Meet Me solution combines proprietary software with person-to-goods mobile robots to increase efficiency in warehousing, distribution, and e-commerce operations. Onward Robotics provides the boost in productivity, flexibility, and speed that companies need to remain competitive and grow. Learn more at onwardrobotics.com.
As the Manager, Robot Software you will provide engineering guidance and leadership to a team of robotics systems and software developers, offer technical leadership, vision, and develop novel autonomous robotics capabilities and behaviors for mobile robotics products and applications.
You will bring leadership, energy, and motivation to the team, while working together to advance the state of the art in mobile robotic perception, planning and control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, recruit and manage a team of robotics engineers. Provide inspiration and guidance to help motivate the team to achieve their goals while staying focused on overall company goals and project initiatives
- Coach and share experience with the engineering team to select, design and develop software algorithms to autonomous perception, planning and control systems for mobile robots and other robotic systems
- Responsible for managing and meeting mobile product software capabilities needed for market readiness on time and within budget
- Planning, managing, and reporting project initiatives, timelines, schedule, priorities and status
- Actively work with and seek interaction and input from other department leads such as systems, hardware engineering, testing and quality control in order to meet overall product goals
- Openly welcome and receive product feedback from customers and product managers to prioritize new work and product improvement initiatives