Fall/Spring Semesters: All student employees must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible to work any UCO student position. Half time enrollment for Fall/Spring is considered 5 hours for graduates and 6 hours for undergraduates. International students shall be enrolled full time to be eligible to work as a student worker. Full time enrollment is 9 credit hours for graduates and 12 credit hours for undergraduates.
Summer Semester: All student employees must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours to be eligible to work a regular student position. Students not enrolled in summer classes must be enrolled in Fall classes in order to work on campus, but they (and the department) will be required to pay FICA taxes.
If the number of hours needed to graduate is less than the minimum hours required to work, the student must obtain a letter from his/her academic advisor, stating the number of hours needed to graduate, to be submitted to Human Resources. This obtains to both regular and Federal Work Study positions. Call the Human Resources Department for further information.
Seeking energetic team players who are able to function in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must have a strong marketing aptitude including creative writing skills and an educational background with digital influence. Possibly pursuing a degree in Strategic Communications (though not required).
- Intermediate knowledge of personal computers and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- The candidate has experience with social networking; personal is fine
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate must possess strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- The candidate has experience with the entire Microsoft Office suite of tools
- The candidate has experience updating website or blog content; personal is fine
- The candidate has web content or feature article writing; personal is fine
- The candidate is familiar with search engine optimization and search marketing, management of campaigns a plus
- The candidate is familiar with management of social media campaigns, experience managing campaigns a plus
- The candidate possesses knowledge of and experience with HTML/CSS
- The candidate has experience with web analytics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator
- The candidate has experience with assistive technology
- Familiar with web accessibility standards
- Experience writing for publications a plus
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Ability to type consistently at a rate of 30 words per minute or faster. Great attitude with a strong desire to provide excellent customer service and for continual improvement. Ability to multitask and make effective use of available time.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable.