- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Prior professional experience working with and coordination of services with people experiencing homelessness, indigent and/or low-income individuals is highly desired;
- Experience working with clients and staff in a residential setting preferred;
- Experience with identifying housing, and other relevant client resources, and building effective professional relationships with community partner agencies;
- Experience working within a team of professionals in a social services setting;
- Computer skill proficiency required in Outlook, Excel, Word, and other Microsoft software programs; and
- Written verification of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all St. Vincent de Paul employees;
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills is preferred.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
This job position requires significant time sitting, standing, and lifting and carrying items weighing up to 25 pounds at a distance of up to 10 feet. Also, there may be some field work at times.
All full-time employees are offered medical, dental, vision and 403b options. The Society covers 90% of the cost for medical, vision, and HMO dental benefits.
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
The society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider the employment of qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.