- Two or more years’ experience crafting in-engine (Unreal, Unity, etc.) cinematic lighting for real-time cutscenes.
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods.
- Demonstrable understanding of cinematic lighting techniques as well as performance and cost considerations within a real time lighting pipeline.
- Comfortable working with and learning proprietary tools.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and take direction from stakeholders on the needs for a scene.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience creating color key images to guide lighting.
- Passion for games and storytelling.
- Proficiency with Premiere (or Davinci Resolve), After Effects, and Photoshop.
- A familiarity with narrative driven adventure games (Life is Strange, Detroit: Become Human, Wolf Among Us, etc).
- Unlimited Vacation Time and paid Parental Leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose), Dependent Care Account, and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
PLEASE SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR DEMO REEL WITH A DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
Salary Range: $55,000-$75,000 DOE
**Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
ABOUT DECK NINE
Deck Nine Games is an independent game developer dedicated to crafting interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. Our passion is storytelling games.
Our first narrative game, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is loved by fans and has won multiple awards, including Game of the Year and was nominated for both a VGA and a BAFTA. If you would like to see our latest work, we have recently released Life is Strang: True Colors. The studio is in sunny Westminster, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains.
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.