Main Street Bank is in search of a dynamic, experienced Commercial Lending Administrator II (CLA II) to join our rockstar Commercial Credit Team! In this multi-facet and exciting role, the CLA II contributes to the team’s overall success as an efficient self-starter, a proven clear thinker and one who is organized, level-headed and solution oriented. Skilled in Microsoft Office suites and Abrigo loan origination system, the CLA II will help move the needle forward by assisting commercial lenders with all pre- and post-closing components of commercial loans. Although no immediate direct reports, the CLA II’s team lead or supervisory experience will help set the path towards the CLA II’s career growth.
Title: Commercial Loan Administrator II Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Commercial Credit Administration Location: Marlborough/Ayer Headquarters/Hybrid Eligible
Reports To: Commercial Loan Administration Officer
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Commercial Loan Administration Officer and supporting the Commercial Lending team the Commercial Loan Administrator II (CLA II) will provide a variety of administrative support duties in the day-to-day operations of the department, handling loans that may be intricate in nature focusing on jobs related to processing and servicing commercial loans. It is expected that this position will use discretion in dealing with large amounts of sensitive, confidential information, while ensuring loan packages adhere to compliance guidelines as well as Bank policies and procedures. Solid written and verbal communication is required as the CLA II is responsible for coordinating with lenders and other internal staff as well as externally with customers, vendors, and others to get commercial loans closed and booked in a timely, efficient manner, while also servicing other customer needs. For routine questions/processes or in the event the Sr CLA or Office is unavailable, the CLA II may act as a resource for the CLA I. Additionally, this position embraces the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The CLA II will be assigned both Commercial Real Estate (CRE), Commercial & Industrial (C&I) and Small Business Administration (SBA) loans that that may be intricate in nature:
- Draft or assist with the preparation, accuracy, and meeting of regulatory timing requirements for commitment letters.
- Complete pre-closing preparation for commercial loans which may include, but not limited to, loan documentation preparation and review, flood determination orders and calculating flood requirements, if applicable, OFAC Searches, insurance verification, preclosing conditions, independently calculate and validate payment calculations, and coordination of efforts with lenders, outside counsel and other vendors as appropriate.
- Complete post-closing processes that include receipt of executed loan documents for disbursement of funds, /loan set-up and onboarding on loan origination system, securing of key documents and collateral (note, mortgage, guaranty, UCC filings, account holds, and tracking & filing of commercial vehicle titles with appropriate RMV filings etc.), update financial statement ticklers, prepare executed loan package for scanning, and perform quality assurance checks.
- Independently calculate and validate various types of loan payment structures for new loans, modifications, etc.
- May draft loan documentation and process as applicable various documents and loan maintenance associated with loan modifications/renewals/extension under the guidance of CLA Officer.
- Prepare payoff quotes as well as review of loan documents to confirm release of collateral which may include mortgage discharges (full or partial releases), terminating UCCs or release of vehicle titles. as well as other types of general account maintenance.
- Process, line of credit advances and loan paydowns, ensuring that appropriate documentation has been received and appropriate internal forms and processes are completed.
- May be assigned as the Primary Admin on less complicated construction loans which includes creating of the master construction budget, requesting/reviewing all inspections and title rundowns, and submit for funding based upon full review of required documentation and Loan Officer approval.
- May review and update required third party vendor information as applicable. Assist Loan Officers with adverse action notices and ensures that documentation is collected for reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all assigned general ledger transactions are completed and general ledger accounts balanced in a timely manner.
- May be assigned to update monthly departmental reports to include the process of associated fees.
- Complete commercial loan credit reference requests.
- Collaborate with other departments and within the commercial division to resolve issues pertaining to commercial loans.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all operational policies and procedures
- Verifies all quality control procedures are maintained and monitored
- Take initiative and have a pro-active customer focus
- Develop and maintain relationships with other departments and organizational leaders and maintain operational alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Effectively use tools and systems to be able to self-manage, organize, and complete work independently, proactively recognizing potential obstacles resolving them before they become an issue, managing to deadlines, creating action plans when not on track, enabling job functions to happen with moderate oversite and meeting conditions of satisfaction.
- Use discretion in dealing all levels of sensitive, confidential information, while adhering to all Bank policies and procedures
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Work is routine/non-routine, at times may be intricate and analytical in nature - procedures adhered to are prescribed by bank, State and Federal policy and regulations.
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience such as paralegal skills/three to five years administrative experience in a Commercial Lending environment
- In-depth knowledge of commercial loan documentation title polices, appraisals, environmental assessments, entity formation documents, and bank policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state regulations, UCC and banking regulations
- Good working knowledge of Data Processing Systems required (FIS and Abrigo preferred)
- Notary Public designation preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, and the Internet
- A curious mindset that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo.
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Work independently
- Confidentiality with noted discretion
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Pro-active in all areas of the job
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems
- Responds promptly and accurately to both internal and external customers’ requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments and occasionally with vendors, former employees and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports, and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, third party vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of documents such as commercial loan documentation and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e., files, boxes of files)
- Regularly required to remain in a stationary position up to 70% of the time
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., meetings, trainings, and community events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.