We are looking for an exceptional Administrative Coordinator with a curious mind set and the ability to multi-task and organize work independently in a fast-paced environment. To support the day-to-day operations of the Executive, Human Resources and Leadership Teams in accomplishing the goals that align with the bank’s strategic initiatives.
Title: Administrative Coordinator Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Human Resources Location: Headquarters/Flexible/Hybrid Work Model Eligible
Reports To: VP, Director of Human Resources and Learning and Development
Under the general direction of the VP, Director of Human Resources and Learning and Development, the Administrative Coordinator performs responsible and complex administrative work to support the day-to day operations of the Executive, Human Resources and Senior Leadership teams in accomplishing the goals, objectives, and the administrative work of the department. It is expected that this position will use discretion in dealing with large amounts of sensitive, confidential information, while adhering to all Bank policies and procedures.
Additionally, it is expected that this position will actively participate in initiatives that support the banks strategic plan while embracing the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the bank’s goals.
After successful completion of training and proven abilities, this position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with an agreed upon number of days per-month on site
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Effectively use tools and systems to be able to self-manage, organize, and complete work independently, proactively recognizing potential obstacles resolving them before they become an issue, managing to deadlines, creating action plans when not on track, enabling job functions to happen with minimal oversite and meeting conditions of satisfaction.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive, Human Resources, and Senior Leadership teams assisting in a variety of clerical functions and coordinate/manage projects with a moderate scope of complexity, providing accurate and on time results that meet the conditions of satisfaction.
- Serves as point of contact for employees, department heads, Board and Committee members, vendors, and the public responding to requests for information both in person, over the phone and electronically, in a courteous manner with sensitivity to diversity and a pro-active customer focus.
- Accurately prepares the agenda for all Board and Executive Committee biweekly and quarterly meetings; prepares reports, records minutes, maintains compliance calendar and bi-laws, and acts as official custodian of minutes and all proxies signed by members.
- Support Risk/Compliance Committee with administrative support including meeting material preparation
- Assist internal, external, and regulatory auditors with the collection of requested materials as assigned with their respective engagements.
- Management and coordination of off-site events
- Secretary for the Main Street Bank Charitable Foundation taking meeting minutes and coordinating all approved grant check presentations.
- Management and distribution of Moolah
- Administrator of the THNKS program.
- Librarian for the Executive, HR and Wellness tabs of the intranet.
- Composes and directs written communication to various people, both internally and externally.
- Utilizes the HRIS system to generate a variety of reports.
- Organization and maintenance of the Human Resources file and record retention programs
- Take a leadership role in the administration and organization of the Wellness Program.
- Supports benefit plan programs and annual open enrollment process.
- Serve as a resource for employees, on HR policy and benefit related questions.
- May participate in the onboarding of new hires, background checks, schedule interviews.
- Gatekeeper for Ideas on Main
- Coordinator for the purchasing and presentation of employee recognition awards
- Assist in the maintenance of Vendor Management profiles and system updates.
- Manage and process bi-weekly bank wide supply orders WB Mason and Winbrook.
- Accurate and timely invoice tracking, and processing of payment requests though the ASCEND System for all invoices that fall under the positions responsibilities and corresponding monthly reconciliation of accounts to support year-end department budget preparation.
- Monthly preparation and reconciliation of assigned General Ledger accounts
- Act as back up to the inhouse mail delivery and switchboard.
- Use discretion in dealing with large amounts of sensitive, confidential information, while adhering to all Bank policies and procedures
- Monitor departmental procedures, making recommendations for changes to increase productivity and improve efficiencies.
- Adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Inform, educate, and influence staff to support corporate goals and objectives while demonstrating poise and diplomacy. Being a champion of the Main Street Bank culture and the moral of the bank.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- Other duties as assigned, performing similar or related work as directed, required, or as situation dictates.
- Smart Phone - To enable the MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) facilitating access to MSB systems.
- Your remote set-up must provide a dedicated workspace, free from distraction with high-speed, reliable internet is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of professional experience in a business or Human Resources department with office management experience preferred.
- Good understanding and knowledge of financial institution departments
- Ability to multi- task, organize, work independently, accomplish tasks, and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- A curious mindset that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo.
- Proficiency in the use of and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Project management/coordination experience
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This position interacts independently with other employees, customers, vendors, and Board members. Performs a variety of responsible, comprehensive functions of an administrative and technical nature, requiring a high level of judgment and initiative and the ability to interpret guidelines and carry out assignments independently, relying on prior directly related experience and specific bank policies and procedures.
- Accurate attention to detail, efficient and highly organized
- Time management, multi-task and organize work independently.
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Project Management/Coordination
- Excellent Communication Skills (written, verbal),
- Sound Judgement
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments and customers, about banking products, services, bank accounts & transactions, and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports, and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of documents such as invoices, Plan Summary documents, and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e., files/boxes of files, mail bins/bags)
- Regularly required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend.
- Occasionally operate/drive a vehicle 5-10% of the time - local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., staff coverage at other bank locations).
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly move throughout the inside the department/Bank to access resources and individuals.
- Occasionally operate/drive a vehicle - periodic local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., pick up and deliver mail, pick-up supplies from vendors, training)
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- Work is performed under busy office conditions with a high number of interruptions during the day from staff and the public.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.